Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption levels on Czech Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Redemption levels on Czech Airlines?

Was looking at the redemption levels with EY miles, on Czech Airlines. Redemption table is here:
http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...redemption.pdf

Basically, the numbers I see look ridiculously low and pretty much correspond to the actual flight distance between cities (e.g. PRG-CDG for 537 miles o.w. or PRG-SVO for 1043 miles o.w.).

So could anyone confirm the following:
1. Is this table actually correct?
2. Can this be booked at all?

If so it looks to me like the cheapest ever redemption !
Old Jun 14, 2013, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Junior_2J&K
Was looking at the redemption levels with EY miles, on Czech Airlines. Redemption table is here:
http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...redemption.pdf

Basically, the numbers I see look ridiculously low and pretty much correspond to the actual flight distance between cities (e.g. PRG-CDG for 537 miles o.w. or PRG-SVO for 1043 miles o.w.).

So could anyone confirm the following:
1. Is this table actually correct?
2. Can this be booked at all?

If so it looks to me like the cheapest ever redemption !
I think the table is chopped (actual miles required are in the missing cells, as opposed to the distance between the said cities). But there's no harm in giving EY a call and trying?!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:44 am

Thumbs up Successful CSA redemption using EY miles

Seems they updated the OK award chart sometime ago. Still, the amount of miles look ridiculously low. Called EY yesterday and booked a Biz OW on CSA metal PRG-ICN for the end of March. The phone call was about an hour and the reservation was promptly ticketed.
I mean, 25610 miles for a OW lie flat biz seat from Europe to Aisa just sounds too good to be true. Taxes were around Ł140, they do charge YQ on CSA.
It would cost 100,000 FB miles otherwise.

Last edited by zimne; Feb 17, 2015 at 10:40 am
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:49 am

Do you have any idea if the reverse is possible? For example XXX-PRG? My feeling says it should be no issue.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Do you have any idea if the reverse is possible? For example XXX-PRG? My feeling says it should be no issue.
Yes. Per the T&Cs all awards can only be booked as OWs. Strange rule but IMO it's not an issue at all. Called EY after the booking asking about the change and cancellation rules for CSA redemptions, been told that the ticket can be changed for free once, charges applicable after that. Also, the agent said the ticket is refundable for a 2000 miles fee.

Combining this with their generous award charts of OZ and HU, you can literally travel to anywhere in Asia from Europe cheaply if you are rich in EY miles. A positioning leg to PRG is necessary tho.

Last edited by zimne; Feb 17, 2015 at 9:06 am
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:54 am

Thank you, zimne! There indeed some real gems in the partner award charts
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Wow, this makes me reconsidering crediting my DFW-AUH-DFW trip to NH...

P.S. That award chart cannot be distance-based: Yekaterinburg (SVX)-PRG is slightly cheaper than Moscow(SVO)-PRG even though it's almost twice as long!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Does anyone know what the typical charges and fees are that EY charge when redeeming for AA flights ?

Last edited by tangey; Feb 18, 2015 at 7:42 am
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
bu**ger, sorry, double post too.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by zimne
Seems they updated the OK award chart sometime ago. Still, the amount of miles look ridiculously low. Called EY yesterday and booked a Biz OW on CSA metal PRG-ICN for the end of March. The phone call was about an hour and the reservation was promptly ticketed.
I mean, 25610 miles for a OW lie flat biz seat from Europe to Aisa just sounds too good to be true. Taxes were around Ł140, they do charge YQ on CSA.
It would cost 100,000 FB miles otherwise.
Has anyone been on this flight yet? I have PRG-ICN in biz coming up but can't find any information/reviews on the flight itself. No idea what I'm getting myself into!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 3:00 am

Really suggest you to book this as soon as possible - once there was a really good deal on NH (NRT-SFO First Class for less than 30,000 Etihad Guest Miles!) but once the discussion heated up in FT they have revised the chart.

Here is also the report on PRG-ICN flight in J you are looking for.

Last edited by sushimaru; Sep 12, 2016 at 3:10 am Reason: Addition
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Has anyone booked intra-Europe awards on OK with EY miles recently? Trying to book a ticket for May and Etihad Guest said that no seats were available and that I should call back closer to the time of departure, so trying to figure out if that's actually good advice and a timeframe on when OK releases availability...
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Has anyone booked intra-Europe awards on OK with EY miles recently? Trying to book a ticket for May and Etihad Guest said that no seats were available and that I should call back closer to the time of departure, so trying to figure out if that's actually good advice and a timeframe on when OK releases availability...
HUCA
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Jeune, BAEC Blue, Eurobonus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Nice Airport Club Airport Premier Gold
Anyone else notice that OK metal flights from PRG to ICN seem to disappear from the timetable after September 2018 and are replaced by KE codeshares ? Unless that changes, no more cheap EY redemptions to Asia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.