Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Booking Etihad flight using a Discover card

Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Anyone have a problem paying with a Discover card on Etihad's US website in the past?

On the payment page I select Diners Club as payment type (Discover's international network), but keep getting error processing payment -- called Discover to have them unblock the card for international use and they said that they didn't see anything pending so problem wasn't on their end

Prefer to use Discover due to 0%, but I can switch to a different card if Etihad has problems accepting Discover
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:25 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
No disrespect, but I have never heard of Discover being used outside the US...
Old Mar 8, 2013, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
No disrespect, but I have never heard of Discover being used outside the US...
https://www.discover.com/credit-card...ional-use.html
Accepted where you see these logos:
Discover
Diners Club International
JCB (Japan Only)
China Union Pay (Mainland China Only)
PULSE (ATM Only)
Link (UK Only)

Ended up using a Visa CC to book the tickets -- either the problem is on Etihad's end (glitchy website from recent system upgrade) or with the payment processor they use

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.