Wiki Posts
Search

Strange occurrence on recent flight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Strange occurrence on recent flight

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone else ever had something like this happen, or something similar on a flight. On a recent flight from AUH to Dublin, while we were already taxing to the runway the plane suddenly stopped. The Captain came over the intercom to advise that we have stopped still and would not move until the passenger in seat "X" has put on his seatbelt. If the passenger refuses we would return to the Terminal and he would be offloaded. After a couple of minutes we got moving again.

Anybody ever experience anything like this as well?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:52 am

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Exclamation

Hardly shocking.

Locals (Emiraties) do not follow rules as they are above everyone so it usually takes drastic measures to make them comply.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:56 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I do not see anywhere that the OP stated it was a local (Emirati)
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:45 am

I have a few friends who are pilots in the Middle East......unfortunately this happens quite often. If the cabin is not secure then the captain cannot take off. Many attempts will be made to the person and this strategy is usually the last resort to embarrass the guest into compliance. If the passenger refuses, the aircraft goes back to parking stand and police/security will be called to remove the guest.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Abumark
I have a few friends who are pilots in the Middle East......unfortunately this happens quite often. If the cabin is not secure then the captain cannot take off. Many attempts will be made to the person and this strategy is usually the last resort to embarrass the guest into compliance. If the passenger refuses, the aircraft goes back to parking stand and police/security will be called to remove the guest.
Haha I've never heard of this, but this is certainly something else!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Abumark
That is interesting. It was the first time I had this happen on a flight I was on. I cannot tell you the nationality of the passenger, as I never saw the person.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 4:05 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by blackmamba
Haha I've never heard of this, but this is certainly something else!
On a recent Egyptair flight, one of the FAs was running down the aisle as the plane was taking off.

Not to mention, when flying in much of the world (for me, that has meant China more often than other places), the moment a plane stops moving after it has landed, people get up, even if it will move again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.