Lounge in Dublin

Old Jan 6, 11, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Gold, BA Gold, EK Gold, CX Gold
Lounge in Dublin

My mini review of the lounge:

On the outside it looks like the entrance to the lounge in AUH. Quite a step up from the BMI lounge. as I entered I was greeted and asked would I like a tour. I declined but asked where to get a shower ( I like checking out showers in lounges and it was also 7am). On the way to the toilet/shower area you pass by the seating area. the seats are arranged along the window. Resembles the AUH lounge in some ways. lovely view over the Tarmac. The business centre is on the left but I didn't check it out.

What is interesting is that there is a 'fine dining' area which looks like the dining area in the F Lounge in AUH ( haven't checked it out yet). It looked very smart and reminded me of the virgin clubhouse in SFO. There was a woman taking orders for breakfast. I proceeded to have a very nice shower. The 2 cons of the shower are:

It's a suite in the men's toilets (for men) and hence not separate
I'm not sure who cleans/tidys the shower after

After a quick shower I sat down in the fine dining area. The whole lounge felt very big for the amount of people there ( almost full load in business like every time I travel with them to/from Dublin). I asked what food there was and she said any typeof breakfast could be made to order. I had scrambled eggs and toast.

My whole time there she was very helpful to everyone. When one person had difficulty with the coffee machine she asked him to sit down and said she would make it for him.

I lost track of time and then suddenly I was the last person left. She came over and said to take my time but boarding had started.

Overall I was hugely impressed. This isn't London or a major airport but the lounge was just beautiful. Really great way to start a trip.
Old Jan 7, 11, 1:55 am

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Originally Posted by joerules View Post
Overall I was hugely impressed. This isn't London or a major airport but the lounge was just beautiful. Really great way to start a trip.
This sounds like a mini version of the London Lounge.

Thank you for the review.
Old Oct 29, 12, 12:55 am

Programs: QR Gold, SQ Gold, MH Gold, Hertz Gold
Lounge in Dublin

Just sitting in the Etihad lounge in Dublin - open about a year. I must admit, its grand (as the Irish would say!). Very large, spacious, welcoming, generous. Great wide open areas. Childrens room. VERY good breakfast (their pastries are superb), very fast wi-fi, ample shower rooms. All in all - one of the nicer lounges Ive been in. And from where Im sitting, the staff outnumber the guests - so theyre all just waiting to help out! Very nice respite.
Old Oct 30, 12, 9:26 am

Programs: EY GE
It's an absolute pleasure to use the lounge in Dublin. The staff are super friendly and obliging. The food in the evenings is magnificent. Really is one of the best run lounges I've ever been in.

It's a pity the flight service is so lacking.
Old Oct 30, 12, 10:06 am

Programs: QR Gold, SQ Gold, MH Gold, Hertz Gold
I actually think the inflight service *can* be as good - but its so arbitrary. My Dublin - Abu flight was fantastic. Great service - really nice people. My Abu - Kuala Lumpur flight - was 3 hours delayed. Exhausted when I got on board so opted to eat only breakfast and requested to be woken for it. I wasnt. Am now home, late, with an empty fridge and starving.
Old Nov 1, 12, 12:58 pm

I concur that the EY lounge in Dublin is excellent......gets a 9/10 from me......can only knock a point off as the sausages and bacon for the breakfast are halal.....I understand why the food is halal but its just not the same!
Old Nov 2, 12, 7:49 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Abumark View Post
I concur that the EY lounge in Dublin is excellent......gets a 9/10 from me......can only knock a point off as the sausages and bacon for the breakfast are halal.....I understand why the food is halal but its just not the same!
Bacon can never be Halal. It must be Turkey bacon or some other fake version.
Old Nov 2, 12, 2:05 pm

Sorry m0hamed....that's what I meant to say. I can't remember if its turkey or beef bacon. Either way its not the "bacon" that I would typically have when I'm home in Ireland. As I have been living in the UAE for many many years I completely understand why the food in the lounge is halal. I have still awarded the lounge 9.5/10 which is high.....that's higher than I would rate the first class lounges for Singapore airline in Singapore and Malaysian airlines in KL.
Old Mar 4, 14, 2:07 pm
Community Director

How is the food at night? Is it possible to make a meal of it, in order to go straight to sleep once on the plane?
Old Mar 4, 14, 6:52 pm

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
How is the food at night? Is it possible to make a meal of it, in order to go straight to sleep once on the plane?
I did the late EY flight out of DUB in September so it could have changed. My experience was comparable to the LHR lounge and the F lounge in AUH its full dining service so I had my three courses couple of glasses of wine and was asleep just after wheels left DUB airport. For what is a short redeye it made the whole process much more enjoyable.
Old Oct 5, 14, 4:15 pm
Community Director

What hours is the lounge open?

What time does the check in counter open for the 9pm flight?
Old Oct 6, 14, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Industry standard would be for check-in to open at least 3 hours before departure. The lounge should open once check-in is open.
Old Oct 6, 14, 5:07 am

Programs: BD G lapsed, EY silver lapsed, EK silver lapsed, BA blue
I'm a big fan too of the Dublin lounge. Simple routine, check-in, clear security, buy Irish sausages & bacon, go to lounge, greet the nice staff, eggs benedict, good orange juice, coffee, The Irish Times, stroll to the gate.

I give the lounge 9/10 (have never visited a 10/10 lounge though the Turkish IST lounge comes close) and the economy flight experience 6/10, perhaps 7 on a good day.
Old Oct 12, 14, 1:22 pm
Community Director

We were impressed by the lounge in Dublin. I only noticed as we went thru security that our seats had been changed from ones that had been long held. I asked why when I entered the lounge. Rather than simply giving me a boilerplate response, the agent returned to me a half hour later, having reinstated our seats. I was appreciative, as I had a seat along the side, thus benefiting from additional space along the curvature of the plane.

We really enjoyed our meal in their tiny restaurant. The food was well prepared. In response to my question above, it was a full meal. This allowed us to get onboard and do our best to sleep the duration of the flight.

The Etihad lounge is a strong benefit in flying from Dublin.
Old Oct 12, 14, 2:36 pm

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
We were impressed by the lounge in Dublin. I only noticed as we went thru security that our seats had been changed from ones that had been long held. I asked why when I entered the lounge. Rather than simply giving me a boilerplate response, the agent returned to me a half hour later, having reinstated our seats. I was appreciative, as I had a seat along the side, thus benefiting from additional space along the curvature of the plane.

We really enjoyed our meal in their tiny restaurant. The food was well prepared. In response to my question above, it was a full meal. This allowed us to get onboard and do our best to sleep the duration of the flight.

The Etihad lounge is a strong benefit in flying from Dublin.
^^ its really a nice way to start a trip, Murrys chauffeur to collect you then a bite to eat etc in a cosy relaxed lounge before a flat bed seat ex dublin. It may all sound quite usual these days but for those of us flying ex Dublin there was always the trek to LHR or FRA etc to fly long haul. We now have four flights a day to the UAE on two carriers .

Search this Thread
Search Engine: