Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Lounge Access Policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:47 pm

Flying AUH-JFK for 2 passengers in F and connecting to AA domestic first. 6 hour layover. Has anyone been able to access the lounge on arrival? Looks like it's open from 11AM to 2PM.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum
Hi-

If we arrived on a flight in F on Monday and are leaving on another flight in J on Tuesday, is that considered 'in transit' to use the F lounge?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold, Etihad Guest Platinum, AlItalia FA, BA Bronze, hhonors Gold
I am Etihad Platinum AND Alitalia FAP (Etihad Partner Platinum). I will travel Etihad from Abu Dhabi in February on Economy with my wife (Etihad Gold) and my 6 year old son.

Do you think we all three would be able to access the FC lounge? I know it is one guest only but in theory I am entitled to one guest as Etihad Platinum and one guest as Etihad Partner Platinum or it does not work like that?

If it is not an entitlement do you think they would make an exception in this case? I mean they can see the loyalty and my 6 year old would only drink a limited amount of Bollinger Grande Année ;-)
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by dugdug
Do you think we all three would be able to access the FC lounge? I know it is one guest only but in theory I am entitled to one guest as Etihad Platinum and one guest as Etihad Partner Platinum or it does not work like that?
Benefits are not cumulative on having different FFP cards - you are only allowed one guest.
If it is not an entitlement do you think they would make an exception in this case? I mean they can see the loyalty and my 6 year old would only drink a limited amount of Bollinger Grande Année ;-)
You can only really find out on the day - I doubt anyone will commit to granting you an exception in advance.

Given the anecdotes of how tightly they seem to be controlling access, my guess is that chances are fairly slim, but the child being 6 years old does help to a great extent. You should definitely ask.

In the very worst case, you will all be granted access to the Business lounge, which is far from being a bad way of waiting for your flight.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: M&S E+, Skymiles Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite,
Originally Posted by stargold
Given the anecdotes of how tightly they seem to be controlling access, my guess is that chances are fairly slim, but the child being 6 years old does help to a great extent. You should definitely ask.
Or not at all. There have been several (some very severe) incidents over the last few months with discretionary lounge access for children who were, strictly seen, not allowed.

I'm not saying in any way your child has bad manners, but instead of thinking twice, they now think 5 times before allowing somebody in the lounge that normally has no access.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I have an early morning EY flight in First from AUH.

Given that online check-in opens 39 hours before departure, can I go to the airport the evening before and drop my bags, go through security and immigration and have dinner in the First Class Lounge -- go back to the airport hotel (which is landside) -- and then re-enter in the morning for my flight?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by staff
I have an early morning EY flight in First from AUH.

Given that online check-in opens 39 hours before departure, can I go to the airport the evening before and drop my bags, go through security and immigration and have dinner in the First Class Lounge -- go back to the airport hotel (which is landside) -- and then re-enter in the morning for my flight?
Based on my experience you cant get through security if your flight is more than 7h out except if transiting
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
Flying into AUH in F and connecting out next day (18 Hrs layover) in J (Plane does not have F). Had to book both segments separate as AA did not allow same award. Will I be able to access the F lounge on departure?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by mike84k
Based on my experience you cant get through security if your flight is more than 7h out except if transiting
Two months ago I was told that it is impossible to go through security if the flight departs in more than 8 hours.

If your luggage is in transit (you too) und you don't go through immigration, you can go to the lounge. Once you immigrate you have to wait until less than 8 hours before departure to go back through security.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Just to confirm: we are flying DUS-AUH-MCT with 4 people. 2 are AB Silver, 1 is EY Gold. As I see it, we can access the Al Reem (Al Dhabi?) lounge in AUH with all 4, but at DUS and MCT only the EY Gold PAX and 1 guest?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Going to drag up the old thread again.
Hopefully somebody has experience in this.

Flying SYD-AUH-AMS-ARN all in Business in July
All on EY codes, and AMS-ARN operated by SK

Question is about lounge access at AMS as it is a 4 hour stopover, and so far I cant find any information about which lounge (if any!) I am supposed to have access to

Might be an obvious answer but, not overly experienced with Star lounges

Any info will be appreciated
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Arriving AUH in J, departing in Y, single ticket. Lounge access?

Apologies for posting in an old thread but I really can't find a conclusive answer or recent data point:

I'm booked FRA - AUH (J) - SEZ (Y) on a single AA award ticket. Will I be able to use the EY "business" lounge in AUH? The EY website's lounge access rules are extremely unclear on this, as it's not specified if you have to be departing in J (just says "traveling" in J). I'm going to give it a try regardless, but would be good to know what to expect... have seen mixed reports from many years ago on this forum.

I'm guessing there's no concept of "partner" status letting you into lounges BTW? I'm AA EXP (oneworld emerald), AC 75k (*A Gold), Finnair Gold (oneworld sapphire) if it helps... but from what I can tell that won't do me any favors in AUH.
jaejaez likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
At worst they'll ask for a few dollars which is largely worth it as there's really not so many other places to sit at the Airport. In case you have an Amex Platinum or better you can access the Plaza Lounge which is pretty good if it has reopened. Generally you can access the lounge on your arrival status so long as that class isn't available on the outbound, ie F lunge as only J on next leg but not likely J to Y as there is always a J

Fingers crossed and good luck !!
Old Apr 2, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Arriving in AUH in EY First from LHR and connecting to QR F flight to Doha.
Any chance of using the EY First lounge? I assume not... If so, which lounge does Qatar use for their short haul F passengers at AUH?
Any help appreciated.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by angrytoad
... If so, which lounge does Qatar use for their short haul F passengers at AUH?
Any help appreciated.
Al Dhabi in T1... its also the PP lounge for T1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.