Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Lounge Access Policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
It would be to an RJ flight in J Class (their airfare is coming in at $700 cheaper to AMM on the dates I want), and unfortunately EY has no award availability connecting in J.

I have heard about the great arrivals lounge. I am contemplating using the arrivals lounge, then getting chauffeured to DXB to take an EK flight instead
You can use the arrivals lounge. There will be no EY departure lounge access if you're on RJ.

The chauffeur service won't take you to DXB, but it will take you to Le Meridien and you can bung the driver a tip en route to drop you at DXB instead.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
You can use the arrivals lounge. There will be no EY departure lounge access if you're on RJ.

The chauffeur service won't take you to DXB, but it will take you to Le Meridien and you can bung the driver a tip en route to drop you at DXB instead.
Thanks for clarifying on the chauffeur drive. My preference would be for a seat to open up on EY so still crossing my fingers for that. Although an AUH-DXB trip sounds tempting more for novelty value.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Platinum A332
It would be to an RJ flight in J Class (their airfare is coming in at $700 cheaper to AMM on the dates I want), and unfortunately EY has no award availability connecting in J.

I have heard about the great arrivals lounge. I am contemplating using the arrivals lounge, then getting chauffeured to DXB to take an EK flight instead
PM sent.

Last edited by edy4eva; Mar 8, 2015 at 6:16 am
Old May 3, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Arriving at LHR on EY F, transiting to BA F. I wanted to check out the EY lounge and get a massage. Would I be allowed access?
Old May 3, 2015, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Arriving at LHR on EY F, transiting to BA F. I wanted to check out the EY lounge and get a massage. Would I be allowed access?
No. You'll only have access to BA's CR in T5. EY lounge is only for passenger departing with EY. Besides it's in completely different terminal (T4).
Old May 3, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Preacher7
You can call YouFirst with BA and book a massage there, though.
Old May 3, 2015, 9:54 am

Are passengers who are flying F allowed to bring a guest into the lounge?
Old May 3, 2015, 5:20 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear Wozza2404,

Kindly send us your booking reference in a direct message and we will take a look at this for you *GW
Old May 3, 2015, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Are passengers who are flying F allowed to bring a guest into the lounge?
Expect a no. But the lounge staff MAY permit a guest on the same flight in Y.

Officially, accompanying guest access is permitted for Gold and Plat members of EY/VA/AB.

Do you have status with any of these or any other airlines?
Old May 3, 2015, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear Wozza2404,

Kindly send us your booking reference in a direct message and we will take a look at this for you *GW
Wozza2404 was responding to a question regarding BA lounge amenities in LHR, not asking one about EY.
Old May 3, 2015, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Expect a no. But the lounge staff MAY permit a guest on the same flight in Y.

Officially, accompanying guest access is permitted for Gold and Plat members of EY/VA/AB.

Do you have status with any of these or any other airlines?
Sadly no status, just a planned EY F segment. That's too bad!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
First Lounge access with guest

Are there any policies or experiences regarding an F pax being allowed to have a guest flying J on same flight to join him/her at the F lounge?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by BRflyer
Are there any policies or experiences regarding an F pax being allowed to have a guest flying J on same flight to join him/her at the F lounge?
It depends on your status.
On the other side is there nothing special about the roped off first class area, as it is not a separate lounge.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:05 pm

Read through this thread, and searched some others, but I'm not clear on what would happen in this scenario:

If I booked an economy ticket JFK-AUH-TRV, and upgraded the AUH-TRV leg very cheaply through their "make an offer" bidding process, does that allow me any sort of lounge access in AUH? I have no status with EY.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Hi Laxrdu....Ive done exactly the same a few times LHR-AUH-BKK upgrading the AUH-BKK sector....Ive always been allowed to use the business class lounge by gate 35....It states on the ticket business, and ive never had a problem, but i am gold...Even so, i dont think it makes any difference....Most of the time the staff, just see business in big black letters and wave you through....good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.