"Streamlining" Etihad Chauffeur

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Silver, BA Silver, EK paper, BOAC Junior Jet Club
"Streamlining" Etihad Chauffeur

From [email protected]
Dear RowH

We are streamlining the terms of Etihad Chauffeur, our premium transfer service that carries you door-to-door every time you fly with us in our award winning Diamond First or Pearl Business class.

A new, exclusive benefit of being an Etihad Guest Gold Elite, Gold, or Silver member is that you can enjoy a personal chauffeur on all legs of any Pearl Business and Diamond First journey you take with us. This means up to eight chauffeur-driven transfers to and from the airport when booking a return flight that includes stopovers in Abu Dhabi.

Full access to the Etihad Chauffeur service - just one of the many benefits and privileges that make being an Etihad Guest Gold Elite, Gold and Silver member especially rewarding.
Doesn't say when this enhancement starts.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:10 am

They've had this on their terms and conditions for a while:'For Gold Elite, Gold and Silver" and have wondered what it meant?!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
So the chauffeurs are gone

Unless you are in F or an EY elite. Good way to "drive away" new business eh
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Im currently slightly confused by the awful wording of this announcement.

Does it mean that You only get chauffeur driven service if you are silver , gold , or gold elite and travelling in F or J ?

or does it mean that now you also book a chauffeur if you are stopping over in AUH on the way to somewhere ? ( eg LON to SYD )

thanks guy but these changes EY are making are appalling

regards
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by den3aah
or does it mean that now you also book a chauffeur if you are stopping over in AUH on the way to somewhere ? ( eg LON to SYD )
I'm more inclined towards this explanation.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:19 am

The wording is totally confusing which is probably what Etihad intended since this is an "enhancement." They are ambiguous as to whether or not Chauffeur service for F and J passengers continues or not. Perhaps you only get the service at the beginning and end of your trip and not intermediate points along the way.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 4:04 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I read this as a benefit. EY Gold Elite, Gold and Silver can have up to 8 transfers on any booking in J or F. So if you book SYD-AUH-JFK-AUH-SYD I can actually have 6 limousine transfers to and from EACH airport.

Otherwise, the standard chauffeur rules apply.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I read this as a benefit.
There's no new benefit. The E-mail says you now only get the OLD benefit if you're Silver or above.

But thanks for the clarification, the chauffeurs aren't completely gone for new J clients, for now they're still available at each end of the journey.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:48 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by harryhv
There's no new benefit. The E-mail says you now only get the OLD benefit if you're Silver or above.

But thanks for the clarification, the chauffeurs aren't completely gone for new J clients, for now they're still available at each end of the journey.
The chauffeurs were not previously available if in transit. Now they are. That, to me, is a benefit.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:56 am

Question is : will this work?. See my limo failure thread.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:45 pm

Up to now I always was able to book a chauffeur from/to AUH airport during stopovers on tickets between BNE and Europe. But these stopovers were more than 24 hours.

Still searching for the real meaning, then
a) Stopovers under 24h - not unless silver or above?
a) Stopovers over 24h - not unless silver? Or OK as before?
a) Origin and final destination - OK as before?
Old May 5, 2012, 12:06 am

i am flying from melbourne to abu dhabi later on this year in business class. I am not part of the etihad guest program but I do have Virgin Australia Velocity gold status.

I called up the Etihad call centre and they explained that I will only get 2 free rides out of the 4 possible journeys. eg home to melb airport, abu dhabi airport to hotel, hotel back to abu dhabi airport, melb airport to home.

I said I have gold velocity status - shouldn't that equate to the etihad gold guest status. but they said no.

maybe i will try calling them again in a few months to see if they have changed their policy then.
Old May 5, 2012, 2:27 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by dontflyenuf
i am flying from melbourne to abu dhabi later on this year in business class. I am not part of the etihad guest program but I do have Virgin Australia Velocity gold status.

I called up the Etihad call centre and they explained that I will only get 2 free rides out of the 4 possible journeys. eg home to melb airport, abu dhabi airport to hotel, hotel back to abu dhabi airport, melb airport to home.

I said I have gold velocity status - shouldn't that equate to the etihad gold guest status. but they said no.

maybe i will try calling them again in a few months to see if they have changed their policy then.
VA Gold = EY Silver. In any case, the limo benefits aren't agreed between the two programs. You simply get what comes with your ticket.
Old May 5, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: UA1KMM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, EY Gold, QR Gold
Originally Posted by harryhv
Up to now I always was able to book a chauffeur from/to AUH airport during stopovers on tickets between BNE and Europe. But these stopovers were more than 24 hours.

Still searching for the real meaning, then
a) Stopovers under 24h - not unless silver or above?
a) Stopovers over 24h - not unless silver? Or OK as before?
a) Origin and final destination - OK as before?
Same with me. I have done this many times with problems.

Very confusing..
Old May 8, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I just booked my first flight on EY (migrating from EK) in J.

I'm flying LHR-AUH-KUL then KUL-AUH/Stop over/-LHR

They've given me the transfers in AUH both two and from my hotel without question. They were also apologetic (to the point of making me uncomfortable) that they could not offer a chauffeur service in KUL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.