Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Status Match

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 6:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Mr. Kipper received the same email.
Old May 3, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: QR Gold, SQ Gold, MH Gold, Hertz Gold
As did I
Old May 3, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Would be "surprising" if EY sent that e-mail and then subsequently sent an e-mail indicating "sorry -- you aren't qualified to be one of top tier/valued customers". Certainly would leave a negative impression in the minds' of pax they're trying to attract.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:25 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
I also haven't received anything yet.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:30 am

Programs: QFFF Gold, Marco Polo Silver, AirNZ Gold, SAS Gold, HHonors Gold, LeClub Plat, BW Diamond Elite
FYI Everyone, I called Etihad the other day about this, got a really lovely agent. Basically she said that, as it said on the application, we will hear a response before the 28th of this month.

She said that because of how many people sent applications in, they were having some difficulty getting through them all, she said that "hopefully" you'll hear before the 28th.

Submitted Qantas Gold FF . Will post results when i get an email
Old May 10, 2012, 2:32 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Nor have I.
BTW, I am confused about how to get a user name. I enter my Etihad number and/or email, but I am always told my information is not correct, even though I've often gotten those temporary passwords upon request.
Old May 10, 2012, 5:43 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
I have requested a status match to my EK gold BEFORE this promotion and yesterday got an email that my new gold card had arrived.
Old May 15, 2012, 4:16 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
I sent my tier match e-mail on 9th April and have just received a "read receipt" from that e-mail!

Work-Shy
Old May 20, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
I sent my request in on the 9th April too but haven't heard anything back.

Not going to hold my breath for this one to come through...
Old May 21, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: AF FB Plat, EK Gold, EY Gold, UA 1er Plat, TK elite, CX silver,A/club plat, Hhonnors gold,BW diamond
i request saturday with FB platinum and emirate skyward gold and i don't have a mail reply...
Old May 28, 2012, 4:58 am

Programs: QFFF Gold, Marco Polo Silver, AirNZ Gold, SAS Gold, HHonors Gold, LeClub Plat, BW Diamond Elite
Has anyone received anything yet? If we are going to hear back, its going to be in the next 2 days... they promised to get back to people before the 30th...
Old May 28, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
I am surpised that not one person has had the status match yet-- as posted above with only a few days to their own timeline, I will be suprised if they can switch over 1000 all in a day!!

I have had 6 r/ts in combination of y and j that I have given to EK during the time when the first email invitation came out...with the promo of extra miles I am sure at least half could of gone to EY for sure. I have a J flight to book for next week and one for the week after that could also of gone to EY.

Anyone else have a feeling May 31 will come and go with nothing new?
Old May 31, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
I am surpised that not one person has had the status match yet-- as posted above with only a few days to their own timeline, I will be suprised if they can switch over 1000 all in a day!!

I have had 6 r/ts in combination of y and j that I have given to EK during the time when the first email invitation came out...with the promo of extra miles I am sure at least half could of gone to EY for sure. I have a J flight to book for next week and one for the week after that could also of gone to EY.

Anyone else have a feeling May 31 will come and go with nothing new?
I guess you were right. I haven't heard back from EY after the email promising a response by the end of the month and apparently noone has reported any news here on FT either. Too bad - I guess my bookings to ME will go to other airlines.
Old May 31, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: aeroplan
How stupid is emirates doing this. What's the point in me wasting my time and effort. If this is how they treat they're customers, then I will take my business elsewhere
Old May 31, 2012, 8:13 pm

No word yet, interesting how long it's taking them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.