JFK-AUH-BOM (First Class)

Old Feb 7, 12, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

JFK-AUH-BOM (First Class)

Anyone has views on this route & the quality of the seat and on-board experience. Insights, views etc much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 12, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...-introduction/
Old Feb 12, 12, 1:46 pm

Just flew JFK - AUH thus weekend in F

I just wanted to post a brief update about our recent flight from JFK - AUH in F on EY. We actually had a very different experience then the one posted in the blog. Based on the comments we actually decided to have a full diner at the airport at 5pm prior to our evening departure at 9:35pm. So we filled up prior to departure. Big mistake :-)

3 different menus to choose from for dinner:
1) Full A la Carte dinner option that included 4 meal choices (not 2): teriyaki marinated fillet of salmon, arabic spiced chicken kebab, braised lamb shank, or try-colour linguine. And a large assortment of sides.
2) the anytime menu
3) and then the addition of a full pairing menu (Menu de degustation) which include multiple courses and entrees in smaller portions (completely different than the rest of menu) and paired with wine for each course.

We were completely surprised based on all the feedback we've read. Yes, no caviar, and a bit less "polish" on the service than Swiss, LH, BA, and the others. But overall we thought the food choices, flavors and quality were restaurant (on the ground) quality. English muffing stuffed with eggs, creamy spinach and provolone cheese was the best breakfast I've had on a plane as well. Service was attentive, responsive within seconds of ringing the call button, and friendly (albeit a little awkward at times).

We put our Etihad experience far above the others we have had. You can't beat the seats and the food (if you can get over the less formal nature and flexibility of ordering a la carte), was outstanding.

On a side note, our flight down to JNB in business (only 2 class), had a last minute aircraft swap. So we enjoyed the new business class. Outstanding service, and again a home run on food.

Just my thoughts. I hope to post the menus and some more detail once we return.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: