FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   AUH Lounge Meetup Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1282544-auh-lounge-meetup-thread.html)

EFATO Nov 20, 2011 9:51 am

AUH Lounge Meetup Thread

Now that EY has its own forum, it seems like a good time to start a lounge meet-up thread. Here it is.

To keep things clear and concise, I would suggest the following:

- post in this thread only, to keep everything in one place;

- mention your arrival and departure times, or alternatively the times you'd be happy to meet up;

- mention which lounge you are planning to be in, from the following current possibilities:
  • T1 Al Reem
  • T1 Pearl Business Class
  • T1 Diamond First Class
  • T3 Pearl Business Class
  • T3 Diamond Business Class
  • T3 VVIP room
- give us a hint of how to identify you in the lounge, i.e. "I'm the 30-something bearded guy in the cigar lounge with a Macbook Air".

Non-EY status members also welcome to post; someone may be generous enough to comp you a lounge invite ;)

tartempion Nov 20, 2011 10:43 pm

Let me be the first to post a AUH lounge meet-up then:
Arriving tomorrow 22 Nov 06.55 on EY56 frm BRU
Departing 09.15 EY408 to BKK
T3 Pearl business lounge, white hair retired Caucasian playing with ipad wearing copper-red pullover :cool:, certainly NOT working on a notebook, those days are over.

EFATO Dec 3, 2011 1:10 pm

Will be in F T3 for most of the day tomorrow (Sun 4th Dec)

Arr. 12:55 EY383 from MCT
Dep. 02:25 EY081 to MXP

I'll probably be ducking out for a meeting landslide for a few hours in the early afternoon, otherwise working from the lounge for the rest of the day.

Description: 30-something, collarless shirt of one color or another, Macbook Air.

gunlie Dec 4, 2011 9:47 am

Originally Posted by EFATO (Post 17560466)
Will be in F T3 for most of the day tomorrow (Sun 4th Dec)

Arr. 12:55 EY383 from MCT
Dep. 02:25 EY081 to MXP

I'll probably be ducking out for a meeting landslide for a few hours in the early afternoon, otherwise working from the lounge for the rest of the day.

Description: 30-something, collarless shirt of one color or another, Macbook Air.

ohhh... we almost met. I'm in the F T1 right now (Sun 4th Dec). Have a flight to BLR at 22:10. Very quiet - only 2 people in the lounge.

Cruxy90 Dec 7, 2011 5:41 am

Hey everybody,

Thursday, 22th Dec.

Arr.: 20:20 from FRA
Depart.: ~2:30 to CGK (Jakarta)

I'm going to try the "Al Dhabi Lounge" in T1

If anyone is flying with me from AUH-CGK (EY 471) in J, It would be very nice if someone would invite me in Etihad Business Class Lounge! :)

How should I describe myself?
I think I'm younger than the most of you, have blonde, middle-long hair.
I'm frequently confused with a Canadian Popstar with the same age like me! ;-
Going to wear a classic shirt and playing with my iPad! :-)

NA-Flyer Dec 7, 2011 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Cruxy90 (Post 17581755)
I'm frequently confused with a Canadian Popstar with the same age like me! ;-

Bryan Adams :D

Cruxy90 Dec 7, 2011 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer (Post 17583002)
Bryan Adams :D

Nope, I'm not pretty proud of it, but his initials are J.B. ;-)

NA-Flyer Dec 7, 2011 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Cruxy90 (Post 17584555)

OMG don't tell me that you look like Justin Bieber ;)

-Heathcliff- Dec 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Cruxy90 (Post 17581755)
I'm frequently confused with a Canadian Popstar with the same age like me! ;-)

Originally Posted by Cruxy90 (Post 17584555)

Jill Barber?

Jaymz Bee?

Jaydee Bixby?

Jully Black?

Jonas Bonnetta?

John Bottomley? (R.I.P.)

Jon Brooks?

Jim Bryson?

Ok, maybe not Jill Barber or Jully Black. :D

jetche2004 Dec 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'll be in AUH this Tuesday 20th Dec. Arriving from JFK at 19.45 and will be departing to MAA at 22.25.

Thinking of hanging out at T3 Pearl lounge for a while, before heading over to the next flight.

I'm in my early twenties, Indian guy. I'll mostly be wearing a white or cream shirt and will be carrying a black backpack.

EFATO Jan 2, 2012 1:30 pm

T3 F tomorrow; somewhere between a late checkout at Yas Island around 18:00 and EY602 AUH-CPT at 22:10.

I'll try to take my usual spot at the head of the glass table if it is free; will likely alternate between there and the cigar lounge.

mh4k Jan 10, 2012 5:55 pm

I'll be in the AUH T3 Pearl Business Class lounge on the 27th of January between about 6am and 8am, and again on February 15th between about 8pm and 10pm. I'm a 6'4" white guy with short dark hair and will most likely be in a polo shirt and looking slightly frazzled as I'm connecting off of ultra long-haul flights.

If any Gold Elite members wanted to guest me into the First lounge that'd be very much appreciated too ;)

ekys Jan 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Hey I'm flying SYD-DUB on Wednesday and have a 2 hour lay over in AUH.

I'm Velocity Gold, so I'll only have Al Reem access I believe.

I'm happy to comp someone into the lounge if I have time to go.

I understand the Al Reem lounge isn't in the terminal European flights depart from and I have to go through security to get to the right terminal?

If that's true, how long will I need to give myself (ie. how long will I have in the lounge between flights?).

edy4eva Jan 15, 2012 3:33 pm

I'd be more worried about having to treck within T3 to one of those distant gates than transferring between T3 and T1 (except for those long security lines).
Think of the walk between T3 and T1 more like kerbside to that circular court in SYD Qantas terminal.

EFATO Jan 16, 2012 1:07 am

Originally Posted by ekys (Post 17819459)
I understand the Al Reem lounge isn't in the terminal European flights depart from and I have to go through security to get to the right terminal?

There can be longish security queues at the point between T1 and T3, but there is a little-known gold fast-lane entrance at the very back of the queue next to the wall. Look out for the tall circular post saying EY Gold and Biz, and enter to the left of it. You'll sort of feel that you are going outside of the ropes, but you'll see you bypass the whole regular queue that way, arriving at the left-most security checkpoint.