Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad from Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Etihad from Dubai

Will possibly fly Etihad from DBX to SFO after a cruise in Dec 2012 (especially if/when EY becomes OW partner and can redeem AA FF miles).
Looking at schedule, it appears that there is a bus shuttle from DXB to AUH to pick up the flight itself.
Can anyone comment on this? Is it any different for J/F passengers (like a limo perhaps)?
TIA
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold
Etihad is based in AUH. Y passengers can get a free bus from Dubai, J and F can request the chauffeur service.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Any sense of how long the trip takes and whether the J/F chauffeur service is free if on an award ticket?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Will possibly fly Etihad from DBX to SFO after a cruise in Dec 2012 (especially if/when EY becomes OW partner and can redeem AA FF miles).
Looking at schedule, it appears that there is a bus shuttle from DXB to AUH to pick up the flight itself.
Can anyone comment on this? Is it any different for J/F passengers (like a limo perhaps)?
TIA
What makes you think EY is going to join OW?

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Jun 22, 2011 at 8:46 am
Old Jun 22, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: EY Platinum
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Any sense of how long the trip takes and whether the J/F chauffeur service is free if on an award ticket?
Probably 2 hours or so. It's about 1 1/2 hours in a taxi. No idea about the award ticket question.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:04 am

Yes, you can get free limo service when travelling on award ticket. Just call EY and they will book it for you.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Paulchili
TIA
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
What makes you think EY is going to join OW?
OP might have been confused, though the bottom line of redeeming AA miles might be the same. AFAIK, EY isn't joining OW, but has entered into a mutual miles earning relationship with AA with mutual redemptions to start by the end of this year.

Originally Posted by Anand
Yes, you can get free limo service when travelling on award ticket. Just call EY and they will book it for you.
Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Emirates Gold
Can't comment on J/F, but a friend flew Y in Etihad DXB>ORD yesterday. She Facebooked that they gave out drinks and food on the shuttle!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

OP might have been confused, though the bottom line of redeeming AA miles might be the same. AFAIK, EY isn't joining OW, but has entered into a mutual miles earning relationship with AA with mutual redemptions to start by the end of this year.

Thanks!
Yes, that is what I ment - my bad.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2011-a.html

Thank you for the transfer info.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
If all you've mostly flown are Nth American carriers you will be blown away by the Arab carriers in terms of hard and soft product.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

If all you've mostly flown are Nth American carriers you will be blown away by the Arab carriers in terms of hard and soft product.
Equal to or better than CX, QF, BA J/F?
I flew EK Y and was underwhelmed (I know it's much better in J/F).

Last edited by Paulchili; Jun 22, 2011 at 8:28 pm
Old Jun 23, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Actually they spoil you after trying their F class product ^^
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anand
I understand from a thread at the AA forum that if I use AA miles to get an EY ticket, I won't be eligible for the free transfer service. Could anyone provide an estimate of how expensive taxis are between Dubai (where I'd be staying) and AUH? How about buses? And how nice are the buses?

Thanks for any help.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
I understand from a thread at the AA forum that if I use AA miles to get an EY ticket, I won't be eligible for the free transfer service. Could anyone provide an estimate of how expensive taxis are between Dubai (where I'd be staying) and AUH? How about buses? And how nice are the buses?

Thanks for any help.
Dubai to AUH by taxi will cost about Aed200 to Aed250 - Say $75 ($100 max to be on safe side). EY operate a bus service from a few pick up points in Dubai (including Dubai Marina I believe. They look nice enough but I have never used them. If you can use one it would be more than fine for the 60 min trip from Dubai Marina say.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:46 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
I got a taxi from central Abu Dhabi to Dubai Marina a couple of days ago & the fare was 185 AED which I rounded to 200 AED & it took an hour and a quarter or so. The airport at Abu Dhabi is closer to Dubai than the city centre. Depending on where you are staying in Dubai could add quite a bit to the fare of course (the Creek for example ia quite a way the wrong way!) You may want to look at a hotel car service if wanting a bit of luxury. These run at c 325 & up (AED) again depending on establishment & location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.