Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad’s new Diamond First Class Suite reconversion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:44 am
Original Poster

I’ve searched the forum with no success, or at least not any updated
information, so would appreciate some input. Does anyone know what the
status is of Etihad reconfiguring their A340-600s with the new Diamond
First Class Suite product? Is this available on all of their A340-600s
now? Just A340-600s on certain routes? Also, does Etihad plan on
reconfiguring the A340-500 aircraft, or will those keep the current
product?

Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:14 pm

Based on previous tips

Well based on previous tips in various websites, there is a way to tell if the EY a/c has the new Diamond suites... they will have three windows, and one block, and then three windows, and then one block, and then three more windows.... sort of OOOXOOOXOOO, and based on that theory and finding all the latest pictures of the Airbus EY A340s posted at various sites, I came to conclusion that all the Airbus A340-500s have received the new suites, and most of the Airbus A340-600s except EHE and EHF, have received the new suites. EHF has also been offline for the past month (based on flightradar24), so presume doing some major maintenance check and hopefully getting the new suites and J seats as well. On a separate note, Airbus A330-300s (three of them now AFA/B/C) are delivered with the new diamond suites and J seats, but it seems that most 3-class (6 of them EYK/L/M/N/O/P) Airbus A330-200s are not reconfigured with the new diamond suites yet. JFK seems to be consistently service by new diamond suites. ORD still gets lots of the EHE on 346 operating days.

This is just based on logic and nowhere official. I am flying EY at the end of the month, and will inform if the particular a/c I flew (332 and 345) have the new suites or not. I wish some EY insiders can provide more accurate information!

Thanks,
Carfield

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.