Etihad- Any chance of lounges?

Old Oct 15, 2010, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam & BAEC Silv, EY Gold, IHG Plat
Etihad- Any chance of lounges?

Hi,

I am 4000 miles away from being Etihad silver. Plus, I actually have about 8000 miles with Sri Lankan that are yet to be credited to my Etihad account (Not sure if these are tier miles?) and on Sunday I am going from LHR to Kuching, Malayisa with Etihad in economy. I have a long layover in Abu Dhabi. Do you think there is any chance they will let me use the lounge in AD, as the entire flight is going to take me into Silver anyway?

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by sambessey
Hi,

I am 4000 miles away from being Etihad silver. Plus, I actually have about 8000 miles with Sri Lankan that are yet to be credited to my Etihad account (Not sure if these are tier miles?) and on Sunday I am going from LHR to Kuching, Malayisa with Etihad in economy. I have a long layover in Abu Dhabi. Do you think there is any chance they will let me use the lounge in AD, as the entire flight is going to take me into Silver anyway?

Thanks
This is a classic case of "if you don't ask you will not get". Based on what I have read and heard you do have a chance and it is definitely worth a go even if it is not guaranteed - ask at check in and then again at the lounge if you fail at check in. Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 5:06 am

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
Let them know at LHR checkin that you will be turning silver on the leg. Depending on how they feel, they may include something in you records for the AUH lounge. Depending if you have enough layover. At minimum, hope for their LHR Lounge (best Business class lounge experience ever )
Old Oct 17, 2010, 5:53 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
will you earn silver on your segment to AUH or on the next segment ?

you may get access in AUH if u earn it on that segment but i dont think u will get in for LHR

the lounge in AUH is totally overcrowded

you can also buy a lounge day pass for one lounge in auh which is usually not too crowded if u have a long layover.. the food is not good as in EY lounge but u can find a place to sit down at least and have a couple of drinks
Old Oct 17, 2010, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all,

No, the sector LHR-AUH was not enough miles to earn Silver. The next sector to KL is, but no lounge access. (I am at AUH airport right now)

I have a third sector coming up (KL- Kuching), so I will see if I can get lounge access at KL. The flight was ticketed by EY but operated by Malaysian Air.

Way back should be all good though as I am going to be silver by then.

Thanks all...
Old Oct 17, 2010, 8:50 pm

Way back should be all good though as I am going to be silver by then.
^
Old Oct 18, 2010, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

One more thing:

I notice the miles accrued for the final leg of my trip are not in my EY guest account. The flight was operated by Malaysian, but was ticketed as EY7456... so will these miles appear later on as they were accrued on a non- EY flight? or do I need to claim manually?

Also will these be tier miles? I assume so.

Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:14 am

Hi,

One more thing:

I notice the miles accrued for the final leg of my trip are not in my EY guest account. The flight was operated by Malaysian, but was ticketed as EY7456... so will these miles appear later on as they were accrued on a non- EY flight? or do I need to claim manually?

Also will these be tier miles? I assume so.

Thanks
They sould be counted as it was an EY ticket.

Never trust the EY system though, so you need to scan and send your boarding card as well as your itinerary just in case, and follow up on it, quite often.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.