Hotels Focused on Sustainability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.

As a brand, 1 Hotels are committed to sustainability. I recently stayed at 1 Hotel South Beach with my family and we were really impressed with their efforts to minimize their footprint and environmental impact. Here are a few examples:

All plants throughout the hotel are living (no cut flower arrangements). There’s a unique and artistic moss wall mural in the lobby, tropical plants throughout the hotel, hanging orchids on the way to the pool, and many succulent arrangements around the hotel and restaurants.

Each room has water glasses made from recycled wine bottles and a triple-filtered water tap that dispenses drinking water, minimizing the use of plastic water bottles.

The hotel provides complimentary muslin beach totes that are perfect for reusable grocery bags when you get home.

The “Do Not Disturb” signs for the guest room doors are made from cardboard boxes that the hotel receives and re-purposes. The clothes hangers in the closets are made from 100% recycled materials.

Reclaimed wood is found throughout the public spaces and guest rooms. The room keys are made from five different types of recycled wood (no plastic keys).

The hotel is LEED certified with building strategies that focused on energy savings, water efficiency, and improved indoor environmental quality.

We loved this hotel and their commitment to health, wellness, and their thoughtful mission to protect the environment.
Romelle, mag and notquiteaff like this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Thats great to hear. There are four LEED certification levels, Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Certified. Platinum being the highest score. New buildings now really need to score above Platinum level to be seriously considered as sustainable buildings.
KristenNix likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I really appreciate your post. I didn't know such hotels existed. I'll do some more research and definitely will spread the good word.
KristenNix likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.