Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How to complain to Emirates/Skywards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to complain to Emirates/Skywards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
+1. One of the reasons for declining service levels in C, and even F, is that they really do nothing with customer complaints. No follow up, remedial action etc. I doubt the complaint even makes it back to the subject person or their supervisor.

At best, you will get a canned response after a few weeks.
Well the you have time to enjoy the fact that you did not have any of the problems listed in the http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/emirates.html

have to always look at the positive side of things
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by IsNoGood
Yes from what I seen its impossible to make a complaint, if you do manage to get some info to them they will answer you in 30-60 days if your lucky.
Snip x 4.

Is there something you'd like to tell us?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
I have 2 complaints not answered since December 2013.
When I phoned them finally they asked us to email all correspondence for them to forward to the team. I did.
I still haven't heard a thing.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
I sent a compliment about the good service received on a recent Lisbon flight, I got a response within 24hrs. Lol
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
I hope someone very senior in Emirates' is reading this thread.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by lightyear40
I sent a compliment about the good service received on a recent Lisbon flight, I got a response within 24hrs. Lol

That speaks volumes
And yes it would be good if someone senior in EK reads this.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Seat64A
I hope someone very senior in Emirates' is reading this thread.
They do trust me.

I had an issue with EK last year on this forum, and they jumped on me instantly. They made me write a letter stating what happened, and I did telling them some one else posted on my behalf. It was basically a teenage prank some one played on me because I used another computer, and didn't log off.

They have shut down my Skywards account, and I have not heard from them in over a year losing 70,000 plus miles.

I just won't fly with them period until they get back to me in a professional manner. I actually just booked a ticket on Qatar Airways next week, and I'll keep it that way because it's no skin off my back. Who knows I just might get comfortable with the ways things stand until EK give me a good reason to fly with them again.

I was also one of those people loyal to EK, going out of my way to fly with them, but not any more.

I also talked dozens of people a year to use EK, but that has also stopped since my ordeal with EK. I always recommend Qatar to every one from where I am in Europe, and I can tell you the people I know listen to my advice.

To make a long story short my experience with EK is terrible which left a sour taste in my mouth.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by NOIR
They do trust me.
Good to know they read here, but it would be nice if they took an active part.

Either eightblack or Zol said once they have a significant social media team, so why don't they participate on here?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Good to know they read here, but it would be nice if they took an active part.

Either eightblack or Zol said once they have a significant social media team, so why don't they participate on here?
When I had my issue with Skywards there were two out comes, the modes giving EK personal information on forum users which I doubt. The other was a EK media team that tracks everything on the net related to EK.

If they do have a social media team then it's a great way to get feed back, opinions, and basically the mind set of people posting on the net.

Why they don't take part, well what's to say they don't? Do you really know who is who on the forum?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
When I had my issue with Skywards there were two out comes, the modes giving EK personal information on forum users which I doubt. The other was a EK media team that tracks everything on the net related to EK.

If they do have a social media team then it's a great way to get feed back, opinions, and basically the mind set of people posting on the net.

Why they don't take part, well what's to say they don't? Do you really know who is who on the forum?
This place is monitored by ek. I know this because I know someone who does it!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red
This place is monitored by ek. I know this because I know someone who does it!
Love EK love EK love EK

Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:15 am

Agreed.

By taking part, I mean actively responding to problems, explaining policies and providing feedback in an open manner, ideally as a declared representative.

Until recently on the Qatar forum there was just such a guy who could and would do this sort of thing, and although I never used his services, he certainly seemed helpful in many cases from what I read.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
If as reported EK do monitor this site, I hope someone will report back to senior management that they should pay heed to EC regulations that apply to the countries they fly from instead of forcing customers to have to take legal action.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Agreed.

By taking part, I mean actively responding to problems, explaining policies and providing feedback in an open manner, ideally as a declared representative.

Until recently on the Qatar forum there was just such a guy who could and would do this sort of thing, and although I never used his services, he certainly seemed helpful in many cases from what I read.
Well if we had an active EK social member on this forum my problem with Skywards would be solved in a minute once the human factor comes into play.

The one biggest problem I have in Dubai is people not thinking out side the box. Employees are always afraid of making a mistake that they will have to pay for in the end. Basically just plain common sense is missing sometimes.

What's to say the monitoring is not out sourced to India, or some other country which I wouldn't be surprised.

I've also noticed one pattern that most if not all the EK employees have over time, and I know a lot of them on all levels. The pattern is that they just don't really care about they're company period. I find this sad when talking to them because I use to admire EK, but they just don't want to talk about the company in a positive manner. Every thing from how unorganized the company is, it's a miracle any aircraft leaves the ground, can't wait to leave EK and the UAE in general, etc, etc I could write a short book. Just go to Zinc on any given night and you'll hear it all. It's a shame that I have more respect for a company than most of it's employees. Also astonished how uninformed, and uninterested most of the employees are, you wonder sometimes do they even work in the aviation industry???

Well like I said they lost me because they no longer have that personal touch. A response from them was only a click away, but so is my next purchase of an airline ticket that I get to choose only a click away. All the marketing in the world won't help them concerning me, I'm a loyal customer only to those who deserve my loyalty.

Classic corporate mistake, focus on getting new customers, and who cares about the existing customers.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Well if we had an active EK social member on this forum my problem with Skywards would be solved in a minute once the human factor comes into play.

The one biggest problem I have in Dubai is people not thinking out side the box. Employees are always afraid of making a mistake that they will have to pay for in the end. Basically just plain common sense is missing sometimes.

What's to say the monitoring is not out sourced to India, or some other country which I wouldn't be surprised.

I've also noticed one pattern that most if not all the EK employees have over time, and I know a lot of them on all levels. The pattern is that they just don't really care about they're company period. I find this sad when talking to them because I use to admire EK, but they just don't want to talk about the company in a positive manner. Every thing from how unorganized the company is, it's a miracle any aircraft leaves the ground, can't wait to leave EK and the UAE in general, etc, etc I could write a short book. Just go to Zinc on any given night and you'll hear it all. It's a shame that I have more respect for a company than most of it's employees. Also astonished how uninformed, and uninterested most of the employees are, you wonder sometimes do they even work in the aviation industry???

Well like I said they lost me because they no longer have that personal touch. A response from them was only a click away, but so is my next purchase of an airline ticket that I get to choose only a click away. All the marketing in the world won't help them concerning me, I'm a loyal customer only to those who deserve my loyalty.

Classic corporate mistake, focus on getting new customers, and who cares about the existing customers.
+1 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.