Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates in F HKG-BKK r/t - what to expect?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2009, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat

Sorry if this has been discussed before - couldn't find an old thread.

I am planning a first ever trip in FIRST, flying EK First HKG-BKK r/t. What can I Expect? How is the catering - any chance of caviar and Dom Perignon? Or is this a too short flight?

What about ground services? How early can I check in in Hong Kong? Can I also check in in downtown Hong Kong or Kowloon earlier that day? Are lounges any good?

I'd appreciate any comments, thanks in advance!
Old Mar 14, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
do they have F class on this route?
always fly C class with them on this route and would love to try the F class if they have soon.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:30 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by jexelot
do they have F class on this route?
always fly C class with them on this route and would love to try the F class if they have soon.
I think it used to depend on the day of the week as to whether they had F or if J was the highest class available. Seems like my travel was always on a J/Y only configured aircraft but it has been a while since I have flown this route.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Angry

Vulle, here is a link to the check-in at Hong Kong. http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/airport_ex...m_checkin.html I have always flown the other direction so don't have any experience using EK check-in downtown but I would bet you can since they are listed as excluded on the site and I know there are desks there that service multiple airlines. I dont know how you are arriving to HKG but if you are using airport express on arriving to HKG you may just check upon arrival as it is nice to be able to get your boarding pass earlier in the day and just go about the city for the day and not have to worry about getting to the hotel to pickup your bags etc. I "think" EK only has the two flights out of HKG and the other flight to DXB is later than the BKK flight so I doubt their counter in HKG is available for check-in before like 3 hours unless it is some sort of shared check-in. In town check-in would be the way to go.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Originally Posted by vulle
Sorry if this has been discussed before - couldn't find an old thread.

I am planning a first ever trip in FIRST, flying EK First HKG-BKK r/t. What can I Expect? How is the catering - any chance of caviar and Dom Perignon? Or is this a too short flight?

What about ground services? How early can I check in in Hong Kong? Can I also check in in downtown Hong Kong or Kowloon earlier that day? Are lounges any good?

I'd appreciate any comments, thanks in advance!
Hi Vulle,

Congratulations on your 1st upcoming trip in F.

Having done this route on EK in F many times I will try and answer as to what you can expect.

1) There is no LIMO pck up & drop off for this route. This is the only sad part which stops you from getting a full F experience on EK.

2) You will be served DOM but no Caviar on this flight. You can expect proper lunch service on BKK - HKG sector & proper dinner service on the HKG - BKK sector.

3) You can check in 3 hrs prior to departure in HKG at the airport. Its not a problem.

4) Both the EK lounge's in HKG & BKK are very good as they are exclusive for EK and run & managed by EK. The food & drinks selection is excellent. I usually eat in the HKG lounge & BKK lounge and pass over the food service on board for this flight.

5) You can also enjoy ICE along with SKCRUISER seats on these flights.

You will have a nice flight because EK does know how to treat & pamper its F pax's.

Cheers
Old Mar 16, 2009, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by ELITEGOLDTRAVELLER
Hi Vulle,

Congratulations on your 1st upcoming trip in F.
Thank you, I am really looking forward to these flights! Just one more question, can I also check in downtown HKG earlier that day? Wouldn't mind checking in our luggage earlier that day. Reading throught mcgahat's post I guess that is ok?

Last edited by vulle; Mar 16, 2009 at 1:41 am Reason: Spelling errors.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:32 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
What are the hours for the HKG and BKK lounges? Are there showers facility in either one?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Any arrival lounge in BKK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.