Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

New Emirates F lounge in Terminal 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum

Hi! This recent trip was my first use of the new terminal. I know many of you regulars have written a lot about the new lounges....... here's my quick summary FWIW..........

Positives: Lounge very big, lots of seating, lots of food options with plenty of variety.

Negatives: Clarity of announcements very poor - you can barely hear properly. The quiet zone in the lounge is actually the loudest - the open side faces the terminal and you hear everything that goes on out there.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:54 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Thanks for the feedback - look forward to using that lounge soon!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 1:28 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Qantas FF
Originally Posted by safari_7
Hi! This recent trip was my first use of the new terminal. I know many of you regulars have written a lot about the new lounges....... here's my quick summary FWIW..........

Positives: Lounge very big, lots of seating, lots of food options with plenty of variety.

Negatives: Clarity of announcements very poor - you can barely hear properly. The quiet zone in the lounge is actually the loudest - the open side faces the terminal and you hear everything that goes on out there.
Thanks for your quick review , I found it really big but in a bad way too and didnt get any exclusive feel at all

I didnt spend too much time in the main F lounge last time and even on my recent trip but will give it a go on my next trip in May and check out the "Quiet Zone"
Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum
True - it's very big - But, I put it down as a positive because in comparison to the old F lounge (which was more or less a fish market) this was just refreshing.

Business center is good. They have a spa where it's free spa treatments for 15 minutes per pax.

Wine tasting room was closed when I was at the lounge when I was there - the guy was probably on break? but, the general wines in the lounge were only mediocre.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:33 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Just had an email from former Flyertalker Mofomat who is currently sitting in the new EK T3 lounge, attempting to sleep but being "kept awake by a bunch of yahoos."

He tells me it's the "noisiest lounge [he's] ever been in," and that's coming from someone who shook the sugar down in many an AF lounge in his heyday.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:29 am

I found it a very long walk to the F lounge
the spa is tiny and the massage too quick.( I thought they said 50 mins -it was 15)
the kitchen had no idea what poached eggs HARD meant

(had 3 goes and still runny)
the veuve was cold. and the orange juice was nice
liked the fact that I could still use the computer when in the suites at the terminal.
I think it is MUCH better than the old lounge in light and space but doesnt have that middle eastern feeling. I thought I was in queensland.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 4:15 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by patgarrett
Just had an email from former Flyertalker Mofomat who is currently sitting in the new EK T3 lounge, attempting to sleep but being "kept awake by a bunch of yahoos."
Why's he a *former* FlyerTalker? Some of his Trip Reports were great

Cheers,
Rick
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DYKWIA

Cheers,
Rick
I've just been reading some of his trip reports and they are pure class. My best friend, Paul Tucker, met him once. He said he reminded him of an international playboy, albeit a fat one.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 3:09 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

Cheers,
Rick
He's "Suspended" according to his profile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.