Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates.com - how to find out what class of booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates.com - how to find out what class of booking?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by jkgourmet
RDU B6 X/BOS EK DXB EK CPT363.00TLWIPUS4 EK X/DXB EK X/BOS EK RDU363.00TLWIPUS4 NUC726.00 XF RDUUSD4.5BOSUSD4.5BOSUSD4.5END ROE1.00

I'm also trying to figure out what class of ticket we have purchased for going RDU-BOS-DXB round trip (the BOS-RDU portion is on Jet Blue, but everything was booked on Emirates.com on one ticket.
So booking class is T, it is an Economy Saver Fare

Last edited by kuroko; Jul 24, 2015 at 11:28 am
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:36 am

Thank you kuroko, for this information as well as your contribution to my other thread. Much appreciated!
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by kuroko
So booking class is T, it is an Economy Saver Fare

Is there a way to find out what fare class a booking will be BEFORE booking? To figure out miles to be earned when not using Skyward?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Is there a way to find out what fare class a booking will be BEFORE booking? To figure out miles to be earned when not using Skyward?
Not when booking with EK via the website - only via the phone, or with a travel agent.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:47 pm

Just curious: Why does the booking class matter for you, if you know what fare type you book (or is it just to compare fares?)
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:48 pm

Just curious: Why does the booking class matter for you, if you know what fare type you book (or is it just to compare fares?)
Mileage accrual on EK partners, i.e. % of actual miles flown calculations
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Mileage accrual on EK partners, i.e. % of actual miles flown calculations
Yup, this. Eg if I want to credit it to AS I need to know the exact booking class to figure out how many miles I'll get. Without knowing that it's hard to compare fares.

Thanks for the info! Phone only is meh, but at least now I know.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Yup, this. Eg if I want to credit it to AS I need to know the exact booking class to figure out how many miles I'll get. Without knowing that it's hard to compare fares.

Thanks for the info! Phone only is meh, but at least now I know.
Ah forgot about this!
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:13 am

Emirates Fare Codes

Here are the various Emirates fare codes:

Code:
Economy
=====
Saver - M, B, U, K, Q, L, T, V, X, H
Flex - E, R, W
Flex Plus - Y

Business
=====
Saver - O, I
Flex - C
Flex Plus - J

First
===
Flex - A, P
Flex Plus - F

Others
====
Non Revenue Travel (airline employee, family and friends) - S
Discounted economy group fares - G
Economy Award (purchased with miles) - N
Business Award (purchased with miles, or upgraded with miles) - D
First Award (purchased with miles, or upgraded with miles) - Z
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by burhan
Here are the various Emirates fare codes:

Code:
Economy
=====
Saver - M, B, U, K, Q, L, T, V, X, H
Flex - E, R, W
Flex Plus - Y

Business
=====
Saver - O, I
Flex - C
Flex Plus - J

First
===
Flex - A, P
Flex Plus - F

Others
====
Non Revenue Travel (airline employee, family and friends) - S
Discounted economy group fares - G
Economy Award (purchased with miles) - N
Business Award (purchased with miles, or upgraded with miles) - D
First Award (purchased with miles, or upgraded with miles) - Z
Hi.

Sorry but this information above is incorrect - you cannot (anymore) determine the fare type only with the booking class. X and V class are 99/100 time a "special" fare. Also R and E are most of the time also Flex Plus, T, L and Q Saver and U, B, M and W Flex fares.

There are also Saver Fares in First class (also A class) and a C class can also be a Flex Plus instead of a Flex. It always depends on the routing.

Only way to identify the fare type is with the fare base (4th letter from the right determines the fare type; F = Flex Plus / S = Flex / P = Saver / R = Special: example FEE1FAE1 = Flex Plus)

Cheers
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:36 am

Hi.

Sorry but this information above is incorrect - you cannot determine the fare type. X and V class are 99/100 time a "special" fare. There are also Saver Fares in First class (also A class) and a C class can also be a Flex Plus instead of a Flex.
Only way to identify the fare type is with the fare base (4th letter from the right determines the fare type; F = Flex Plus / S = Flex / P = Saver / R = Special)

Cheers
+1

Also, Y, R, E fares are 99/100 Flex Plus (but as you say, the definitive check is the fare base). Similarly I have a B class which is entering the Flex bucket on an itinerary I have in the next couple of weeks.

EK have decoupled the link between the initial fare bucket from the fare type (as associated general conditions) which gives them additional flexibility in inventory and offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.