FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   A380 Award Availability (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/903506-a380-award-availability.html)

NYCbustravelguy Dec 27, 08 3:30 pm

A380 Award Availability
 
Does EK allow award travel on the A380 flight (LHR-DXB). I can't find space on a single day in either direction. Thanks.

SethLevy Dec 28, 08 12:49 am

No J and F awards on EK on A380
 

Originally Posted by NYCbustravelguy (Post 10970661)
Does EK allow award travel on the A380 flight (LHR-DXB). I can't find space on a single day in either direction. Thanks.

No. EK has block all award bookings on the A380. You cannot fly the A380 in J or F using miles.

DYKWIA Dec 28, 08 5:25 am


Originally Posted by SethLevy (Post 10972206)
No. EK has block all award bookings on the A380. You cannot fly the A380 in J or F using miles.

Not true. I used an award a couple of weeks ago on EK001.

I suspect the awards have all been snapped up.

Cheers,
Rick

SethLevy Dec 28, 08 9:20 am


Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 10972734)
Not true. I used an award a couple of weeks ago on EK001.

I suspect the awards have all been snapped up.

Cheers,
Rick

Not true. EK specifically informed me that they no longer allow award travel on the A380 routes. They told me up until December 1 they allowed it, but not after.

DYKWIA Dec 28, 08 10:39 am


Originally Posted by SethLevy (Post 10973161)
Not true. EK specifically informed me that they no longer allow award travel on the A380 routes. They told me up until December 1 they allowed it, but not after.

OK - I must have dreamt my flight on EK001 on 10th December.

Funny how I managed to take pictures though.

Cheers,
Rick

sbm12 Dec 28, 08 10:49 am


Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 10973441)
OK - I must have dreamt my flight on EK001 on 10th December.

I think he meant that redemptions were allowed until 10 December. They wouldn't cancel the ticket you've already redeemed.

I'm a bit shocked that they are blocking Biz redemption in addition to First. That's pretty harsh.

SethLevy Dec 28, 08 2:22 pm


Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 10973478)
I think he meant that redemptions were allowed until 10 December. They wouldn't cancel the ticket you've already redeemed.

I'm a bit shocked that they are blocking Biz redemption in addition to First. That's pretty harsh.

Thanks, not sure why some people on FT are so rude. :td: I assume his ticket was booked prior to December 1, 2008.

Singapore airlines does not allow award redemptions for its premium products in F at all, and requires now double miles for redemtions in J using its miles only. Thus, there is no way to travel from Neward to SIngapore using other star alliance miles, other than SQ, and if SQ, you must use double.

I agree not allowing some J class redemption is harsh.

macabus Dec 28, 08 2:39 pm


Originally Posted by SethLevy (Post 10974159)

Singapore airlines does not allow award redemptions for its premium products in F at all, and requires now double miles for redemtions in J using its miles only. Thus, there is no way to travel from Neward to SIngapore using other star alliance miles, other than SQ, and if SQ, you must use double.

SQ allows F award redemptions on SQ25 (747) from JFK-FRA-SIN, and SQ11 (747) LAX-NRT-SIN.

Over the past year I have redeemed 4 different R/T awards in F on SQ11/SQ12 using *A miles from AC at 120,000 per trip.

SethLevy Dec 28, 08 4:05 pm


Originally Posted by macabus (Post 10974215)
SQ allows F award redemptions on SQ25 (747) from JFK-FRA-SIN, and SQ11 (747) LAX-NRT-SIN.

Over the past year I have redeemed 4 different R/T awards in F on SQ11/SQ12 using *A miles from AC at 120,000 per trip.

I thought it was clear that I was being specific to SQ's premimum products on the 700-ER and A380. Not is basic service on the JFK-FRA-SIN or LAX runs via NRT.:confused:


Singapore Airlines or SilkAir.


Flight Awards
Only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in First and Business Class on B777-300ER flights.
Only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption of flights on the all-Business Class A340-500.
On the A380, only Standard and Full awards are available for redemption in Business Class.
No redemption is available for the Singapore Airlines Suites.

NYCbustravelguy Dec 28, 08 9:17 pm

Thanks S. Levy,
Your comments were the most helpful and apparently accurate of all the comments. I am new to this, but I also do not get why people are so negative. A lot of sad folks out there. Hope they don't sit by me.

edy4eva Dec 28, 08 10:54 pm

If what S. Levy is saying is true then how come I was able to search for and find award seats:

Summary of Charges
Service
Description
Cost
Redemption Flight 1 Passenger, Business AUD 125.22
Total price in Australia Dollars Convert currency
TotalAUD 125.22
*Miles quoted reflected a 10% discount. Promotional conditions apply. This offer does not apply to Business Rewards bookings. The total cost includes fuel surcharge.
Flights
OUTBOUND Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand
Flight
Depart / Arrive
Time
Airport
Duration / Stops
Class / Aircraft
EK412
Wed
06 May 09
07:50 Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) 3hr 0min
0 Stops Business
Airbus A380-800
Wed
06 May 09
12:50 Auckland International Airport (AKL)
INBOUND Auckland, New Zealand to Sydney, Australia
Flight
Depart / Arrive
Time
Airport
Duration / Stops
Class / Aircraft
EK413
Wed
13 May 09
18:00 Auckland International Airport (AKL) 3hr 25min
0 Stops Business
Airbus A380-80

edy4eva Dec 28, 08 10:59 pm

Again:

Flights
OUTBOUND Sydney, Australia to Beirut, Lebanon
Flight
Depart / Arrive
Time
Airport
Duration / Stops
Class / Aircraft
EK413
Sun
10 May 09
21:10 Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD) 14hr 35min
0 Stops Economy
Airbus A380-800
Mon
11 May 09
05:45 Dubai International Airport (DXB)
Connection
EK953
Mon
11 May 09
17:00 Dubai International Airport (DXB) 3hr 20min
0 Stops Economy
Airbus
Industrie
A330-200
Mon
11 May 09
19:20 Rafic Hariri International Airport (BEY)
INBOUND Beirut, Lebanon to Sydney, Australia
Flight
Depart / Arrive
Time
Airport
Duration / Stops
Class / Aircraft
EK954
Wed
13 May 09
20:45 Rafic Hariri International Airport (BEY) 3hr 15min
0 Stops Business
Airbus
Industrie
A330-200
Thu
14 May 09
01:00 Dubai International Airport (DXB)
Connection
EK412
Thu
14 May 09
10:15 Dubai International Airport (DXB) 13hr 50min
0 Stops Business
Airbus A380-800
Fri
15 May 09
06:05 Kingsford Smith Airport (SYD)
Included in your fare
Award-winning gourmet cuisine and beverages
Friendly, attentive service from a multilingual cabin crew
A great range of entertainment, including movies, music and TV.
Comfortable, reclining, ergonomically-designed seats
Select your own seat at any time prior to check-in
Save time at the airport by checking in online
Terms and Conditions
Rewards Rules
Online Booking Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Carriage
Useful Information
Children travelling alone
Skywards miles114800 MilesTaxes and FeesAUD 163.82

edy4eva Dec 28, 08 11:01 pm

S. Levy, could you please inform us in more detail about the circumstances through which Emirates informed you (and sort of ignored all its frequent flyers) of such no-A380 (à-la SQ) policy?

directorguy_ Dec 29, 08 12:04 am

Maybe Emirates allows a 4-month 'A380 allow' policy then 4 months after the A380 is inaugurated on a certain route, you can't redeem.
Or maybe it's a glitch in the system.
Or maybe some agents are misinformed.
Or maybe EK keep changing their mind.

edy4eva Dec 29, 08 12:57 am


Originally Posted by directorguy_ (Post 10975898)
Maybe Emirates allows a 4-month 'A380 allow' policy then 4 months after the A380 is inaugurated on a certain route, you can't redeem.
Or maybe it's a glitch in the system.
Or maybe some agents are misinformed.
Or maybe EK keep changing their mind.

Why 4? why not 2? or maybe 12?
or may be I should have snatched up those seats before they're all gone/blacked out/glitch fixed/policy announced?
:) :D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:13 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.