Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 3:56 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SethLevy
Thanks, not sure why some people on FT are so rude. I assume his ticket was booked prior to December 1, 2008.
I assume this was aimed at me. I'm not sure why you think I was being rude, I was just correcting you.

You are wrong about Emirates, and you were wrong about SQ.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Dec 29, 2008, 4:33 am

Just tried for DXB-JFK. The first random date I put in has award availability on the A380 in J (EK201).

Cheers,
Rick
Old Dec 29, 2008, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire), VS Silver, Skywards Blue, UA General, Qantas Bronze.
Originally Posted by NYCbustravelguy
Does EK allow award travel on the A380 flight (LHR-DXB). I can't find space on a single day in either direction. Thanks.
What kind of award are you looking for and when? Award availability changes regularly, and IME EK have been one of the easiest carriers to get awards on - even at peak times/busy seasons.

Are you looking to travel in Y, J or F and are you looking for an upgrade or a standard award (not that it makes a huge amount of difference)? Also, when do you want to travel (month if you don't want to provide dates)?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 7:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Originally Posted by jakesterUK
What kind of award are you looking for and when? Award availability changes regularly, and IME EK have been one of the easiest carriers to get awards on - even at peak times/busy seasons.

Are you looking to travel in Y, J or F and are you looking for an upgrade or a standard award (not that it makes a huge amount of difference)? Also, when do you want to travel (month if you don't want to provide dates)?
Thanks, but after speaking with the EK agents, the information Levy provided was accurate and you are no longer able to book award space on the A380 LHR-DXB in J or F. I was told it was allowed when the A380 was first introduced in service on this route, but now award space is restricted. I ran a search for all dates between now and July 4 and no space in J or F comes up. So this is consistent with what Levy posted.

I have moved on now and will use BA on this route in F. But please, feel free to continue attacking other posters in this thread. It's very productive.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by NYCbustravelguy
I have moved on now and will use BA on this route in F. But please, feel free to continue attacking other posters in this thread. It's very productive.
Get off your high horse. The information provided by SethLevy was incorrect. No one attacked anyone, we just pointed out that he/she was incorrect.

As for DXB-LHR on the A380, if Emirates have implemented a J blackout on the A380, then this is unfortunate. I suspect it will only be temporary, as more and more A380's come online, these will initially flesh out the high yield routes such as LHR.

And if my very small sample is to believed, the J loads aren't that good anyway.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Dec 29, 2008, 5:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt DIA, IC RA
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Get off your high horse. The information provided by SethLevy was incorrect. No one attacked anyone, we just pointed out that he/she was incorrect.

As for DXB-LHR on the A380, if Emirates have implemented a J blackout on the A380, then this is unfortunate. I suspect it will only be temporary, as more and more A380's come online, these will initially flesh out the high yield routes such as LHR.

And if my very small sample is to believed, the J loads aren't that good anyway.

Cheers,
Rick
Ok thanks. You have a great day. Thanks for all the "accurate" information.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 7:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Silver
I wouldn't be surprised considering they're going from the standard J42 (bar the 332LD) to J76, that's almost a double in capacity, not to mention there's already plenty of seats available on the 4 other daily LHR flights.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 4:53 am

Returning back to the main topic, I've just enquired at my local Emirates office and they confirmed that I can use my skywards miles to upgrade my seat on any DXB-LHR flights, including the new A380 flights.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 5:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Qantas FF
Just checked the online upgrade option on EK's MYB for my A380 flight in Jun 09 and I could upgrade my flight online too
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:43 pm

Programs: Associate
Smile Air Bus A 380 First Class

OK - I must have dreamt my flight on EK001 on 10th December.

Funny how I managed to take pictures though.

Cheers,
Rick
I am sitting in the First Class Lounge and I just arrived here in First Class from JFK to DXB using United Mileage Award. It was a STANDARD award using 210,000 miles and was booked by Telephone only TWO days before Departure. Actually I got this award ticket from JFK-DXB-KWI and back both ways in First Class on Air Bus A 380.

The biggest problem is that MOST of the UA employees are not familiar with this award. Some of them booked me from LAX to DXB in First Class but it is not allowed. The only gateway EK allows is from JFK and IAH. But you must insist when you call United thaat YES they can get you an award tix in FIRST CLASS from JFK to any where in Middle East on Air Bus A 380.

I really loved the First Class suite. This airplane was almost brand new. I fly routinely in First Class from LAX to MNL every month in First Class on CX in their new cabin and love it but Emirates First Suite on Airbus is a tad better than CX. It has a huge Rest Room with the shower.

I hope it helps my friends out there looking to ride the A 388.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
What's the current scoop on A380 redemption, in particular on the YYZ-DXB route? Does Emirates release F seats to its own members? Ever 2 at a time? Do they release those seats to their partners?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 7:22 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
I was able to get J class award tickets for DXB - BKK for my parents without any problems.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: SkyWards Ex Silver & BA
Originally Posted by GigoloArt
I was able to get J class award tickets for DXB - BKK for my parents without any problems.
Two weeks ago Emirates emailed me two days before my flight out to BKK asking if I wanted to upgrade my trip for this sector for 1490 AED, I just could not justify spending £250 for an upgrade to Biz for one sector, in the end got the upgrade without paying, absolutely wonderful plane, best flight in biz to date.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 10:03 pm

I too was able to redeem first class awards with UA miles on the EK A380 from JFK but that was many months ago.

Now UA can't find availability for any gateway in first from the USA on any 777 flight not to mention YYZ on the A380.

Has EK zeroed out all Z class space from USA/Canada to DXB for an indefinite period?

Is there a way to check on the EK website?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 2:24 am

Angry Emirates Skywards

The proposed improvement in the Skywards programme is at the request of customers (I am told, not all customers- no one asked us about the changes) and is to reward those who pay more for fares. Who ever heard of a reward without a reward, but one that punishes the lower fare paying customer (saver fare). This lower fare category will now earn 50% miles instead of 100% and the flexi fare (the rewarded one) gets the 100% of the reduced offereing. Skywards now seems not to offer miles for distance travelled, but a lesser mount of miles.

They seem intent on screening out a lot of passesgers who now have gold tier membership. Remember the attempt earlier this year to exclude silver and gold members from the new Dubai Lounge? The changes are disguised with offering other benefits throughout the year. Come on Emirates do the right thing and leave miles for distance travelled for all customers and if you want to reward some, then reward not punish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.