Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Best Seat on Emirates Boeing 777-300ER

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Seat on Emirates Boeing 777-300ER

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Question Best Seat on Emirates Boeing 777-300ER

Hi, 3 questions. I currently have booked seats 16F and 16G Sydney to Bangkok next week, which are bulkhead seats according to "Seatexpert.com" but according to "Seatguru.com", row 15 is the bulkhead row. Who is right? Is the loss of seat width due to the tray tables being in the arm rest significant? Is there extra leg room in the bulkhead seats or do the bassinets take up this room? Many thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

You'll likely get more/better answers in the Emirates forum, where this thread should be moved to shortly. To your other questions, the bassinets do not take up leg room as they are generally mounted a bit higher and only if there is a baby who needs to use one. And the armrests are only a tiny bit thicker. The real issue is that they don't go up if there is an empty seat next to you.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:44 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, cinogirl. There is a dedicated Emirates Forum where you should receive some valuable information.
See Miles and Points>Airline Programs>Emirates.
Please follow this thread in the Emirates Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Nov 5, 2008, 6:54 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Row 16 is the bulkhead on the 3 class 77W, i sat in row 18 my last 3 flights in economy and there were 2 rows ahead of me. The seats are slightly narrower than other seats to accomodate for the IFE Screens, the screens are also smaller. There is extra Legroom on the bulkhead seat and its easier to get up if you're against the window etc. You will also get served food and beverages first
Old Nov 6, 2008, 5:24 am

Programs: Skywards, Qmiles, Miles&More, Enrich
Last July, I flew the 77w & sat in row 16 (bulkhead). Not only the seats were narrower, I found my legs dangling off the floor. I'm 5'2" but my friend who is 5'6" with long legs also felt the same thing. After 6+hr, my legs were pretty numb. If I have to fly economy next time, I will book a row or two after the bulkhead

There's also a possibility of having small children sitting at the bulkhead with you. If they have their own seat or fit in the bassinet, that's fine. But I experienced one couple with a small child (the parent's were probably too stingy to get a seat for their 10kg child) & had the kid sitting on her mum's lap the entire 6+hr journey. The poor mum & kid couldn't eat or sleep properly and even knocked my companion a couple times. Not fun when you're on a red eye

Last edited by krazykat; Nov 6, 2008 at 5:31 am Reason: more info added
Old Nov 6, 2008, 9:34 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I find the first small part of the cabin thats close to Business class quite nice because theres not too many people and you get served food and beverages first The window seats have IFE boxes under the seat which for some is really annoying, but then you get a great view and get to controll the shutter I've been using 18A for economy but have used 18F and also 18C if i want the isle. For long haul i try to get a row down the back (46/47 AB JK - 2 seaters)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.