Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Mileage run for EK Gold .. worth it?

Mileage run for EK Gold .. worth it?

Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:01 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by EK_Flyer
So that still leaves the question .... would the 90 mins turnaround be enough to exit pass through immigrations and then check-in again for the same aircraft?
No. Unless you manage to get your return boarding pass issued at DXB. All it takes is for the flight to be 90 minutes late, and check in would have closed before you landed!

If you do get your boarding pass, you should be OK.

I'm not sure if it applies, but India tends to require a visa for non-Indians.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Sep 4, 2008, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Qantas FF
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
No. Unless you manage to get your return boarding pass issued at DXB. All it takes is for the flight to be 90 minutes late, and check in would have closed before you landed!

If you do get your boarding pass, you should be OK.

I'm not sure if it applies, but India tends to require a visa for non-Indians.

Cheers,
Rick
Hmm but wouldnt the flight i come on ... be the one going back ?
Old Sep 4, 2008, 2:04 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
Originally Posted by EK_Flyer
Hmm but wouldnt the flight i come on ... be the one going back ?
Yes, it would be. However, to save time, imagine this scenario: The flight is scheduled to arrive at 1700, with a 1h30 turnaround before takeoff at 1830. Assuming the flight lands on time (usual case scenario here) you would not make it to check-in and you can't risk the boarding pass trick (what if they tell you 'sorry sir you need to check in at BOM)?
But the good news is that there are several flights to/from BOM a day. So what you can do is is book a flight BOM-DXB that's 5-6 hours after your arrival that hopefully, will coincide with EK 432 (assuming you still want to stop in Brisbane on your way back).
I'd try BOM first as it has the most frequencies (4x), then BLR (3x daily) and DEL (3x). CCU gets 1 flight per day
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold, Qantas FF
Cheers for the replies guys ^

And well yeah , i figure it would be too hard on me to go from one 20 hour journey straight to the other as well and rather than risk anything i will just get off at CCU for a day or so and then travel back to AKL

I'm still searching for better fares so may not be India for sure

Last edited by EK_Flyer; Sep 4, 2008 at 4:37 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.