Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Rail&Fly with Emirates in Germany?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Does anybody know how to arrange this?I've tried to ask Emirates help centre twice,but without success...
So my question is:

If I will get this rail&fly options by just buying e-ticket from Emirates web page for my FRA-DEL flight??Is it included in the price of ticket?I'm from Poland so probably I can't get paper ticket which Emirates send by post in Germany..

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:28 am

Hi Yanas,
the price of the R&F should already be included in your ticket price (i.e. does not cost extra).
However, I have always needed a paper ticket as the train ticket is basically one of the flight coupons in the ticket.
The last time I used this option I had booked my flight by phone via the Call Centre. They should be able to help you out (they actually told me I needed a paper ticket). In doubt try the local EK contact number (or Frankfurt).

Cheers,
Hansie
Old Aug 6, 2008, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for help!
I'll finally call to Emirates Call Center tomorrow..and I hope that it will be enough to have some number of reservation which you just have to put into computer system at DB station to get paper train ticket..
well..it should be easy

Greetings
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:45 am
Original Poster

and last question -

Do the place where I will buy tickets matter it this case (rail&fly)?
So do I have to buy it through emirates web page or the same will be if I buy on the for ex. ebookers?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:45 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have a question about Rail&Fly.

My journey will start in Germany, so it should be free.
Is it also valid for S-Bahn? I think so as they are a DB property...but...who knows.

Is it also possible to book it after I bought the flight ticket?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: FB Platinum LT, HK Airlines whatever, Skywards Ex-Gold :-)
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
I have a question about Rail&Fly.

My journey will start in Germany, so it should be free.
Is it also valid for S-Bahn? I think so as they are a DB property...but...who knows.

Is it also possible to book it after I bought the flight ticket?
Normally R&F should be booked with the ticket (same time). Call EK ASAP, they might help out. S-Bahn is included...

Hope that helps
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:50 am

At the moment I haven't booked the flight ticket yet so no problem.

I live in HAM and plan to fly out of MUC to fly A380.
As far as I remember only return trip is included, right?

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: FB Platinum LT, HK Airlines whatever, Skywards Ex-Gold :-)
Originally Posted by MarcoGT
At the moment I haven't booked the flight ticket yet so no problem.

I live in HAM and plan to fly out of MUC to fly A380.
As far as I remember only return trip is included, right?

Thanks
You will get Rail & Fly as well for a one way ticket..(starting in Germany)!
I did it several times...
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by AF 001
You will get Rail & Fly as well for a one way ticket..(starting in Germany)!
I did it several times...
Yes...but what is not clear to me is if I will get only the Munich - Hamburg leg or both
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:38 am

One way flight - one way railway ticket. When u order your ticket online you'll have the option to choose your free rail ticket. All you need is a credit card, because you have to print the ticket and identify yourself via credit card to the conductor, as a German citizen you can also use your ID card or ban card if you have one, you cannot use a passport. The ticket is valid on the day of departure only!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:02 am

Ok, now is clear.
I will receive two tickets as I will buy one return ticket with EK (MUC-DXB-HKG-MUC)

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: Skywards,...
Recently Ek has added the option to request your Rail&Fly paper tickets later online under "Manage my booking" for reservations with e-tickets (it is one of the options same as Meal Request, Seat Selection, Book Chauffeur Drive if eligible, add Freq.Flier Numbers etc.) and print them as you need them on the train for the conductor.

They are als valid on S-Bahn.

Regards
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:50 pm

Actually I booked the ticket and I also got the Rail&Fly tickets. Only my name is listed as passenger but it states "two adults" so I think everything is ok now.

I think to have done a small error during the booking with EK. I inserted "MS" for my wife instead of "MRS" but I think it will not be a problem
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:44 am

Hi MarcoGT,

In regards to your initial question Rail&Fly is only valid on trains operated by the German Rail (DB) including S-Bahn (commuter trains) from/to the respective airport. It is not valid on private railway companies as well as other than the aforementioned S-Bahn lines.

Further information can be obtained here: http://www.emirates.com/de/english/p...onditions.aspx
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum,HHonors Gold
Date change ?

I have a date change, flying a week earlier. But under the manage booking the link to the German rail still tells my original flying dates validity. Should I show the conductor the new E-ticket with earlier dates, or Emirates should change my train tickets ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.