Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Business Class Lounge In SYD&CHC.

Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold

What are the Business Class Lounges in SYD and CHC like?
Good or Bad?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
No Lounge in CHC, But a pretty nice lounge in Sydney.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Star Alliance Gold
Re: CHC

Hi there

SYD - standard EK lounge, right beside the security screening area.
CHC- Partner lounge. Not been in as I fly from AKL, but it is operated by their ground staff contractor. CHC Airport is so nice in intl departures that you might find yourself not even needing to use this lounge.

cw
Old Mar 29, 2008, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by chrisweka
Hi there

SYD - standard EK lounge, right beside the security screening area.
CHC- Partner lounge. Not been in as I fly from AKL, but it is operated by their ground staff contractor. CHC Airport is so nice in intl departures that you might find yourself not even needing to use this lounge.

cw
Hi,
What did you think of the Auckland lounge as we are also departing from AKL-BNE. Is there an age restriction for these lounges?
Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 6:27 pm

Programs: QF, Skywards, SQ, Centurion
I did a SYD - CHC return on EK J when I went to Queenstown late last year. The Sydney lounge is nice, looks somewhat sterile and empty when there is low patronage but the food/booze options are good. The Christchurch lounge was very small and poxy, was run by a contractor. The food options are reasonable given its small size, and the alcohol available is OK. For those who don't know (although it is not advertised) there is a smoking balcony on the airside of International CHC. Next to some juice bar or something.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 7:05 pm

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
EK Pilot,

IM 14 And have been in some EK lounges. You should be fine.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by emiratespilot
Hi,
What did you think of the Auckland lounge as we are also departing from AKL-BNE. Is there an age restriction for these lounges?
Thanks.
AKL lounge is quite nice. Can be crowded though. No age restriction to enter, although normal liquor licensing laws apply.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:26 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
SYD good - love the free wifi there to pass the time with EK always boarding late... AKL is fine too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.