Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Lounge at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:16 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just saw the instagram story of someone I follow who's flying JFK-DXB tonight, lounge is still closed, but he went up too look at the outside and posted the pic on his story, entrance/doors looks brand new, matches the new lounge exteriors around the world with the wooden type look.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:45 pm
S.R

So not sure how accurate this information is, but just heard from a family member who's flying JFK-DXB tonight. When they checked in, they asked what the problem is with the lounge and why its still not open. EK agent said that the lounge has been completed and ready for the past 2/3 months, however they are having trouble getting approvals to reopen, mainly because of the upper deck direct boarding from the lounge, along with some other approvals. Take it with a grain of salt, and who knows if the inside of the lounge is actually even ready yet, but thats the latest "update," if you can call it that.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by S.R
So not sure how accurate this information is, but just heard from a family member who's flying JFK-DXB tonight. When they checked in, they asked what the problem is with the lounge and why its still not open. EK agent said that the lounge has been completed and ready for the past 2/3 months, however they are having trouble getting approvals to reopen, mainly because of the upper deck direct boarding from the lounge, along with some other approvals. Take it with a grain of salt, and who knows if the inside of the lounge is actually even ready yet, but thats the latest "update," if you can call it that.
It sounds like the BA F lounge is having similar issues at JFK. Been closed for months now.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by S.R
Sounds like an attempt to sabotage the ME3 airlines. Have now given up hope that it'll be open in time for my next trip at the beginning of August.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum
update please?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
This sounds very accurate and very JFK. That airport is terribly run, and has a lot of red tape. It took them almost 20 years, if not longer to build T4. I remember going to visit my grandma’s house (whose no longer alive) as a child when she lived in Brooklyn, and the construction was ongoing for years and years throughout my childhood, into my high school days.

So to hear JFK being bureaucratic is not surprising to me at all.

TBH I’m kind of getting use to going to shake shack and announcing to everyone in line this ones on me up to $55.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:24 pm
S.R

Lounge still closed as of tonight. Apparently planning to open on July 21st, but we’ll see what happens.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:38 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
I'll be at JFK next month. I can try to share information at that point (assuming it hasn't opened yet).
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
Lounge still closed as of tonight. Apparently planning to open on July 21st, but we’ll see what happens.
Coincidentally, I am flying out of JFK on July 21. Will report if if I get a $40 voucher or some real breakfast
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:47 pm

Arrow update

Hi there,
just phoned to the Emirates customer care service.
Last update: Lounge at JFK is technically ready but waiting for certain permissions.
Opening expected on August 2018.
They are all aware they are causing dissatisfaction and apologize.
Talked to an Emirates representative in Budapest.
Hope it works this time ...

Maybe anyone else can confirm it?
bye
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by privilege67
Hi there,
Last update: Lounge at JFK is technically ready but waiting for certain permissions.

bye
Flying out 17th August, holding thumbs that I get to post the first review here!
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:41 pm

Flying out Aug.21st, hope to read your good news
Have a nice and safe trip.
^
Old Jul 13, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by privilege67
Hi there,

bye
I messaged Emirates via Facebook and the reply I received yesterday was that they did not yet know or have a date for the lounge reopening. I'm resigned to the fact it'll still be closed when I leave in four weeks time
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:03 pm
S.R

FWIW (probably not much) the info I heard about it opening on July 21st was from an iO who flew out of JFK last night (and flies out of JFK on EK every other week, so he’s very familiar with all EK JFK employees). Perhaps the information he was given is more legit then we have. But at the same time it could just be them trying to make a VIP happy in the moment by telling them it’ll be open by the next time they fly, so who knows for sure.

Last edited by S.R; Jul 13, 2018 at 3:10 pm
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:36 pm

Lounge to open on Monday, Jul 23

Wife and I are on EK206 tonight. Agents are informing pax that the lounge reopens on Monday. There will also be a party in the lounge for those of you who are traveling that day.
Metanoia and skywardhunter like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.