Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Lounge at JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
The Lounge is STILL closed? This is ridiculous already. Their twittter team had said May 2nd.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:22 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
The Lounge is STILL closed? This is ridiculous already. Their twittter team had said May 2nd 2019.
FTFY
thijsseh and gillyd22 like this.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:50 am

anybody use twitter can tweet them? I think I did (i have no idea how twitter works) but i didnt get a reply. If a bunch of people send them messages maybe they'll respond
Old May 9, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by dan88
anybody use twitter can tweet them? I think I did (i have no idea how twitter works) but i didnt get a reply. If a bunch of people send them messages maybe they'll respond
The Lounge is STILL closed? This is ridiculous already. Their twittter team had said May 2nd.

Old May 10, 2018, 5:21 am

Fair enough , that was probably a stupid suggestion
Old May 10, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Asked the checkin staff today and they informed that the lounge isn't supposed to open until early next month.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Asked the checkin staff today and they informed that the lounge isn't supposed to open until early next month.
wow. You could build a new terminal in 8 months.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:17 pm

Seriously. What’s taking them so long, and why is the delay so bad? And they can’t work out a contractual agreement with another lounge in the interim like the Etihad or Swiss lounge?
Old May 10, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
AS built their lounge at JFK really quickly. Granted, it doesn't have the fancy refrigerated dome, but still...
Flaneurs likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 6:57 am

Seriously. What’s taking them so long, and why is the delay so bad? And they can’t work out a contractual agreement with another lounge in the interim like the Etihad or Swiss lounge?
yea this part i really don't understand. You have people paying $20,000 for a first class flight - or even a few thousand $ for business - do they think a $50 food voucher is even a little bit of a consolation? Nobody is going to the lounge for food, if they wanted food they can afford the $50 themselves. How did they not work out an agreement with another lounge.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
yea this part i really don't understand. You have people paying $20,000 for a first class flight - or even a few thousand $ for business - do they think a $50 food voucher is even a little bit of a consolation? Nobody is going to the lounge for food, if they wanted food they can afford the $50 themselves. How did they not work out an agreement with another lounge.
Whoever is paying 20k for F is doing it wrong
DYKWIA, thijsseh, Metanoia and 1 others like this.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:32 am

If the lounge is that important, surely you just book an airline that offers lounge access, or just pay for a 3rd party lounge (if there is one)?
Old May 11, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
If the lounge is that important, surely you just book an airline that offers lounge access, or just pay for a 3rd party lounge (if there is one)?
i did , i booked a flight with Emirates who did have a lounge at the time of booking. even after they said they were shutting it down they said it would be back up waaaay before my scheduled flight .
Old May 14, 2018, 12:41 am

Having three (or is it four?) daily A380 flights out of JFK with no lounge was bad enough since September. For them to keep delaying and delaying it seems something is not right. How could it take so long? Also why can’t they contract out to the Etihad lounge? I never understood why there was not more cooperation between EY and EK as far as lounges.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Anything new here, got to believe something unexpected has caused this excessive delay. From early 18 to June at best is just crazy.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.