Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Lounge at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by ASismyfav
Ugh no lounge tomorrow? What other lounges are there with PP or Amex Plat with showers?
AFAIK the only other JFK T4 lounge is PP “Wingtips Lounge”. Don’t let the pictures fool you. It is AWFUL. Also, it is under capacity controls at peak times and PP may not get you in. Lousy food selection, dirty chairs, no service. Maybe I am spoiled with better lounges but honestly next time I will skip the lounge and just sit in one of the T4 restaurants. Hopefully EK will get the new lounge open soon!

If somehow you have a way to get into the LX lounge, you will have a nice experience. AFAIK there isn’t any way in without an LX same day ticket. Would be happy to be corrected.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:46 am
Suspended

I always wanted to buy a refundable ticket to Zurich in case I decide not to go!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nevsky
Too bad. I just flew from there and not having the lounge was a big letdown. I really thought it would be open by our next trip in February. Had a horrible meal at the Palm last time and the voucher did not go very far anyway. The business class voucher is $40. How much is the first class voucher worth?
i just checked in and I’m in F to DXB. They gave me a $55 meal voucher. Frankly I’d rather a lounge. An Asian man checking in beside me was in total shock. You should have seen the look on his face. “You don’t have a lounge?!?!?? There’s absolutely no lounge???? Are you sure???? There’s no where I go into a lounge and wait!?!?!?”

It was quite funny.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by Nevsky
Any news on when it will open? It is almost February.
Bump
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Anything new here around reopening date? I am wondering if they will reopen before they reduce the service to 3 times March 25, will be tough to staff for the mid day flight if they won’t have that staff after March 25
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver,HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fagin
Anything new here around reopening date? I am wondering if they will reopen before they reduce the service to 3 times March 25, will be tough to staff for the mid day flight if they won’t have that staff after March 25
No news but I was at the lounge area yesterday. From the hallway, it looks the same as it did when I departed on a Virgin flight a month ago...closed and papered doors, no sign of any activity, and a poster that says a new lounge is coming soon. I would guess, however, that any work is done late at night.

I have a EK F flight in early April and suspect I will be hanging out in the Delta lounge before my flight!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:35 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Anyone get any recent information of when they expect the lounge to reopen?
Also, is there an actual number to contact EK at JFK instead of the toll free number? Because I doubt anyone at the call centers around the world will know about the status of the JFK lounge. If there was a number to call at JFK itself then it would be easier to get up to date info.

Last edited by S.R; Feb 20, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:22 pm

I'm at JFK now and while in route to check in with Delta, stopped at the Emirates kiosk to ask if there was any update on the reopening of the lounge. The agent told me there was no definite date but "people were talking about the first week in April".

We shall see.
atlocal likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum
Date?

Anybody has the latest update on the lounge reopening? Its almost April. Hope flyers going thru JFK can ask around...
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond Medallion, Emirates Skywards Gold, Marriott Platinum
I'm not flying EK till they re-open the lounge.. The DL A359 is quite a ride..
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:54 am

I was flying March 22..still closed .
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:46 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Early April is what they also told me when I was there last week.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 9:27 am

Just noticed this post on the facebook emirates JFK lounge page - doesn't look like there is confirmation this is the new lounge and not just old pictures uploaded, or maybe a different lounge that was tagged wrong.

edit: looks like i cant post links, but on the emirates JFK lounge facebook page, somebody posted bunch of pics from march 28
atlocal likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:32 am

It looks to be the new design but I'll let everyone know on Thursday before I depart on 204 in the morning.
atlocal likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by jsch3
It looks to be the new design but I'll let everyone know on Thursday before I depart on 204 in the morning.
looking forward to it thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.