FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   New Emirates Lounge - Brisbane (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/780552-new-emirates-lounge-brisbane.html)

QF NB Jan 17, 2008 11:25 pm

New Emirates Lounge - Brisbane

Source - Comment | Stephen Pearse, Emirates

Queensland has seen enormous growth for inbound tourism from the Gulf, with the Gold Coast in particular becoming a major high yield market and we expect this growth to continue strongly in 2008.

As a result we will double our Brisbane flights with a second daily service from October 2008 to operate the first non-stop service to Dubai from Brisbane.

The new Emirates Lounge at Brisbane airport will be ready for passengers in March and it will be the first lounge in the world capable of allowing travellers to board directly from the lounge onto the aircraft
EK's new lounge in BNE will be the biggest and best outside of Dubai, I am being told. Brisbane was the first port to get an EK lounge outside of DXB, so it's great to see EK investing in a bigger and better lounge.

For an overview of where the new Lounge will be positioned, click here (will be situated on the top level)

I believe EK also have exclusive access to one of the 2 A380 gates that are almost due for completion at Brisbane Airport.

Alot happening over the next 2 years with regards to Emirates and Brisbane:
  • 77W on EK432/EK433 DXB-SIN-BNE and BNE-SIN-DXB from early Feb
  • New EK Lounge to open in March
  • New daily nonstop BNE-DXB-BNE flights from OCT with the A340-500
  • EK A380s to Brisbane in 2009 - Source
Looking forward to seeing more of Emirates at Brisbane... :)

It's great to see that Emirates are investing a significant amount in our Airport and contributing greatly to not only the BNE economy, but the Gold Coast and Queensland economy as a whole.

Cheers

sadiqhassan Jan 18, 2008 9:19 am

Looks good. :) However, you can already board the plane directly from the lounge at LHR. :p

Cheers,

sammy7 Jan 18, 2008 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by QF NB (Post 9091259)
Source - Comment | Stephen Pearse, Emirates

EK's new lounge in BNE will be the biggest and best outside of Dubai, I am being told. Brisbane was the first port to get an EK lounge outside of DXB, so it's great to see EK investing in a bigger and better lounge.

For an overview of where the new Lounge will be positioned, click here (will be situated on the top level)

I believe EK also have exclusive access to one of the 2 A380 gates that are almost due for completion at Brisbane Airport.

Alot happening over the next 2 years with regards to Emirates and Brisbane:
  • 77W on EK432/EK433 DXB-SIN-BNE and BNE-SIN-DXB from early Feb
  • New EK Lounge to open in March
  • New daily nonstop BNE-DXB-BNE flights from OCT with the A340-500
  • EK A380s to Brisbane in 2009 - Source
Looking forward to seeing more of Emirates at Brisbane... :)

It's great to see that Emirates are investing a significant amount in our Airport and contributing greatly to not only the BNE economy, but the Gold Coast and Queensland economy as a whole.

Cheers

With this type of invetment, I wonder if EK plan to serve the US west coast from BNE. May actually make sense for them to have a hub in BNE and serve South East asia/Oceania with service to US West coast !!!

edy4eva Jan 18, 2008 9:32 pm

I reckon the only US destination they should aim for, via Australia, is HNL. (Although it will add 40% to direct distance).
In the Pacific, I could only think of PPT via BNE.

The Australian government has been protective of the trans pacific routes; remember SQ wanting to fly SYD-LAX and being denied?

Aus_Mal Jan 24, 2008 3:17 am

Looks like I have to do a J/F BNE-AKL run sometime in March/April/May to check out the new lounge!

The previous one was great. Can't wait to see what the new one looks like!

Kiwi Flyer Jan 24, 2008 12:08 pm

The new Emirates Lounge at Brisbane airport will be ready for passengers in March and it will be the first lounge in the world capable of allowing travellers to board directly from the lounge onto the aircraft.
What rubbish! Many lounges have direct connection to a/c, even in airports as small as BHD.

QF NB Apr 1, 2008 11:25 pm

Emirates' New Brisbane Lounge - NOW OPEN

Courtesy Travel Daily - 01APR08

EMIRATES has this morning opened the newest lounge in its global network, at Brisbane International Airport. The massive facility is located in the new northern concourse of the airport and can cater for 172 guests - more than double the size of the previous lounge.

And in a major innovation it’s the first airline lounge in Australia where passengers are able to board the aircraft directly. There’s a boarding gate in the lounge which links directly to a dual-level A380-ready aerobridge which allows premium passengers to transfer straight into the plane.

Today TD is on location at the lounge opening, with dignitaries including Qld tourism minister Desley Boyle and EK divisional vice president Dale W. Griffith. Boyle said the $4m lounge was another important investment by Emirates in Qld and was a cornerstone of the airport redevelopment. Amenities include EK’s recently introduced massage chair, designer bathrooms with showers and a full business centre.

EK already operates its new 777-300ER with lie-flat business seats to Brisbane, and will in Jul introduce new First Class private suites in the lead-up to the debut of a second daily Brisbane flight from Oct using an A340-500.

simon747 Apr 2, 2008 1:40 am

old j class seats on SYD-DXB

I flew SKD-DXB 418&419 in Feb08 Still old J class dew to fly Next week, has this been chaged to the lie flat with screens in frount, not pull out as when you in your seat you can not move if your A or D seats. Any one done this route latley.????????????????

Aus_Mal Apr 2, 2008 2:30 am

... must find reason to fly Emirates J or F to New Zealand in the near future :)

SojournsOf Apr 2, 2008 2:50 am

Great news! Can't wait to fly to BNE!

simon747 Apr 2, 2008 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal (Post 9125588)
Looks like I have to do a J/F BNE-AKL run sometime in March/April/May to check out the new lounge!

The previous one was great. Can't wait to see what the new one looks like!

When will Emirates up date the old j class seats to DXB on 418 i can get no sleep at all.

simon747 Apr 2, 2008 3:30 am

When will EK up date the j class 418&419 route i herd EK 432 has been done. i would go direct but stop in BKK on way back each time for 2days of meetings.

SojournsOf Apr 2, 2008 3:34 am

Originally Posted by simon747 (Post 9505564)
When will EK up date the j class 418&419 route i herd EK 432 has been done. i would go direct but stop in BKK on way back each time for 2days of meetings.

Not sure of the exact date (know a refub thread is somewhere on here) but as it is a 77W it will be by year end all going well. And yes, 77W EK432/EK433 has been updated in J and new F will be on board from July.

B-HXB Apr 3, 2008 3:14 am

Now, wishful thinking perhaps, but I wonder if there's any chance of a new lounge (complete with direct boarding access) at the new international terminal expansion in AKL. The current lounge pretty much strains at the seams whenever all three outbounds are full, and as the 412/413 will have to use that new part of the terminal, perhaps EK could juggle their three flights across the two gates available, relocating all their operations to that end of the airport?

Rebound Apr 3, 2008 3:16 am

I hope so! Theres alot that can be done at Auckland if airlines take advantage of it now before the rush later on, especially with the Rugby World Cup in 2011.

Any pictures of the new Brisbane Lounge?