Emirates 2008 New Routes?

Old Feb 6, 2008, 1:46 am

The EK A380 is due in London in December 2008.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Mofomat
It was KUL-DXB-EWR before it became KUL-ARN-EWR.
Yes, that's correct! I do certainly remember MH has flown from KUL-DXB-EWR years ago but, it was inauguration from EWR-KUL via DXB around sometimes in summer 1998 or 1999, am I right? It was changeable the specifiable routes from DXB to ARN due to loads restrictions at DXB. it was very high temperature due to hot weather at DXB.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
The EK A380 is due in London in December 2008.
Can you tell me which specific dates is that for EK will inauguration newest A380 from DXB-LHR?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 2:09 am

All I was told was December 2008. However, the Singapore Airlines A380 will be flying from 18 March if you wish to experience Travel In A New Light instead.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 3:37 am

A380 flights DXB-LHR-DXB start on December 1.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...athrow-flights
Old Feb 7, 2008, 8:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, that's correct! I do certainly remember MH has flown from KUL-DXB-EWR years ago but, it was inauguration from EWR-KUL via DXB around sometimes in summer 1998 or 1999, am I right? It was changeable the specifiable routes from DXB to ARN due to loads restrictions at DXB. it was very high temperature due to hot weather at DXB.
N830MH, your remember is correctly.

I think they may have changed from DXB to ARN not only because of the load restrictions at DXB, but because EK started direct DXB-JFK flights and therefore increased the competition.

The flight transitted DXB in the middle of the night so the temperature wouldn't have been as high as during the day.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 5:12 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
Why Stockholm? Why not anywhere else? Is there any demand for travel between Stockholm & the Far East? Doesn't SAS fly (multi)daily ARN-NYC?
Old Feb 23, 2008, 6:44 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
Final 2 routes to be announced for 2008?

So any ideas what the last two routes tba?

So far:
CPT
GIG
ORD
LAX
EZE
MAD
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Star Alliance Gold
Question re:

Originally Posted by flyboy777
So any ideas what the last two routes tba?

So far:
CPT
GIG
ORD
LAX
EZE
MAD
Has Emirates officially announced any of these bar 31/3/08 Cape Town???

cw
Old Feb 23, 2008, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by chrisweka
Has Emirates officially announced any of these bar 31/3/08 Cape Town???

cw
AFAIK, no.

Cheers,
Old Feb 24, 2008, 6:39 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Star Alliance Gold
hmmmm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
AFAIK, no.

Cheers,
didn't think so. people are treating their own dreams as the reality :P
Old Feb 24, 2008, 8:47 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, BA Executive Club Gold, AA Advantage Gold, VS Flying Club Silver
The apparent delay regarding the official announcement of new destinations is likely due to some ongoing bilateral discussions. As i indicated in my previous messages, plans are not completely finalised. Furthermore, the economic softening partic. in the US, as well as the high fuel cost, is resulting in a further review of planned destination launches.

IAH has been a phenomenal performer, and a natural beneficary of the strength in the oil market. Therefore, a 2nd daily to this city has jumped up the priority list and could potentially be added ahead of other planned Americas route launches. The priority at Emirates over the last few years, and more so now, is profitability. Hence adding incremental frequencies can often be a better move, in the short/medium term to boost profit than opening a new destination that is likely to be initially loss making before turning profitable in the future.

Critical bilateral discussions are either upcoming or ongoing in key markets like India, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Germany that will likely see opening of new routes, increase of existing frequencies or addition of capacity through deployment of larger aircraft. There is no secret that Emirates wants to add a daily service to Berlin, while their India wishlist includes Pune, among others.

Therefore, final plans will likely be announced only once these bilaterals are close to being completed. Of course, in all these stated markets, Emirates has very grand expansion plans, and the likelihood is that they will probably not get all of what they are asking for, but something more than what they currently have.

Rgds
Emirates777
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:49 am

Whilst I appreciate that bilaterals are a major part in expansion, as is the equipment to operate such services. Emirates has repeatedly stated that a lack of aircraft hampers it's expansion. More capable jets such as the B777-200LR & A380 couldn't come quickly enough.

Does anyone know the delivery schedule over the next 18 months? I understand as such that some of the 50 B77Ws are due, the remaining few B77Ls & the first few A380s. Am I right to assume at this point in time that no non-A380 aircraft will be delivered from Airbus until the A350s come?

Cheers,
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:55 am

If considering to travel on Emirates, please see my post labeled 'Emirates Arabian Pass= Consumer Fraud' I have been defrauded by this airline, have receive comments from several other members that have indicated the same and would like as much feedback for a formal complaint with the U.S. Attorney's office.

Yes, new planes are impressive but if the people that fly the planes and count the ticket sales can't communicate or resolve problems and misrepresent their offerings what good are they
Old Feb 25, 2008, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by sammyglobal
If considering to travel on Emirates, please see my post labeled 'Emirates Arabian Pass= Consumer Fraud' I have been defrauded by this airline, have receive comments from several other members that have indicated the same and would like as much feedback for a formal complaint with the U.S. Attorney's office.

Yes, new planes are impressive but if the people that fly the planes and count the ticket sales can't communicate or resolve problems and misrepresent their offerings what good are they
Is this a mispost. This thread is about new routes...

Search the thread, enter a comment & it'll show up on the EK forum so people can discuss it.

Cheers,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.