Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Cheap fares out of DUS and Germany

Cheap fares out of DUS and Germany

Old Apr 3, 2006, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Hey,

If you are going out of your way to go on the A340-300 vs the A330-200, I don't think you will get much of a benefit. Personally, I can't tell the difference between the 2 space wise. The seat pitch / IFE are identical.
This time you are wrong:

there are some differences between the seats on the A330-200 and the A340-300:
if the seat pitch is really the same (I had the feeling to have more room on the A343), the seat is different (more comfortable on the A343 - may be it is the old SQ-seat with EK-colours?). The boxes for the inflight entertainment under the seats in front take less room away from your feet than that on the A332 (old SQ-equipment?). So for seat comfort I think the A343 is better than the A332 in economy.
The inflight entertainment system seems to be older on the A343 (again SQ-equipment?).
Old Apr 3, 2006, 5:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dusordua
This time you are wrong:

there are some differences between the seats on the A330-200 and the A340-300:
if the seat pitch is really the same (I had the feeling to have more room on the A343), the seat is different (more comfortable on the A343 - may be it is the old SQ-seat with EK-colours?). The boxes for the inflight entertainment under the seats in front take less room away from your feet than that on the A332 (old SQ-equipment?). So for seat comfort I think the A343 is better than the A332 in economy.
The inflight entertainment system seems to be older on the A343 (again SQ-equipment?).
First, let me say, that my experience on the A340-300 is very limited

The EK seats on the A340-300 are ex SQ seats, but the seat pitch is the same. Trust me, I measured it

I am not 100% sure about this, but I thought that the IFE was the same on both planes?

Nevertheless, I still don't think it would be worth flying an extra segment just to get a 343 vs a 332 plane.

Cheers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.