Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
First family A380 trip in C

Traveling for the first time with family (4 PAX, two pre-teen kids) on an EK A380 in a few weeks (in C).

Had originally grabbed two pairs of middle seats but 4 sequential window seats are available (9/11/14/16 K) so could switch to those. Kids are both over 10 so pretty independent.

First world problem I know but anyone opted for all windows before? It’s an approx 4am connection from DXB having arrived on the 162 (777 from DUB) so the adults will likely sleep, not sure about the kids...
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
" 20A and 20K are widely regarded as the best on board. "
I beg to disagree. I always prefer the forward J cabin-rows 9 or 10.
SS
"Widely regarded" does not mean everyone, but you know as well as I that most recommendations are for these seats or their equivalent (23A/K) on the 3 Class.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, IHG Diamond and Ambassador
Why doesn't Seat Guru update the EK seating charts to reflect the 2-2-2 J 777LR?
Tanzguy and 678flyer like this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by big69bob
Why doesn't Seat Guru update the EK seating charts to reflect the 2-2-2 J 777LR?
Anyone know the best seats in this new configuration? I am booked on it next week for the DXB - BOM segment.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by 678flyer
Anyone know the best seats in this new configuration? I am booked on it next week for the DXB - BOM segment.
I enjoyed 2K
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:56 pm

I am flying the Emirates A380 with my two small kids. I am going to choose the 2 middle seats for the kids (16 E/F), what seat should I chose for myself to be closest to them etc? I am not sure if I should go for a window seat (A or K) in the same row or different row as them or an aisle seat in a row in front or behind. I remember from flying the Emirates A380 that it seemed counter intuitive how a family of 3 should sit but I don't remember the details now.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by maheshdhoni
I am flying the Emirates A380 with my two small kids. I am going to choose the 2 middle seats for the kids (16 E/F), what seat should I chose for myself to be closest to them etc? I am not sure if I should go for a window seat (A or K) in the same row or different row as them or an aisle seat in a row in front or behind. I remember from flying the Emirates A380 that it seemed counter intuitive how a family of 3 should sit but I don't remember the details now.
If you choose A they are closer together but you are in the window a bit further away. If you choose B you will be close to one of them but the other will be quite far away. A, E, F is probably your best bet unless you need to be closer to one of them in particular.

It's probably counter intuitive because the layout wasn't designed with kids in mind. A perk of travelling J is the reduced chance of having to encounter them at all!
Silverswimmer and murtaza12 like this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by big69bob
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I enjoyed 2K
I have booked 4A for the moment. None of the seat guide sites have the configuration unfortunately.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:17 am

Thank you Will08.

Would 16 E/F and 16K work the same? In other words if they are in 16 E/F can I be as close to them whether I am in 16A or 16K? 16A is not available on the flight so I was going to chose 16K
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by maheshdhoni
Thank you Will08.

Would 16 E/F and 16K work the same? In other words if they are in 16 E/F can I be as close to them whether I am in 16A or 16K? 16A is not available on the flight so I was going to chose 16K
Yes, whether A or K it will be the same.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: OneWorld, Aeroplan,StarAlliance
Best seat on Economy!

What would you say is the best seat on an A380 EK ( North America to Dubai) ? Is it worth paying the extra $$ for it or wait until last 48hrs to book it for free ?

thanks
Global Adventurer likes this.

Last edited by Carl380; Jul 25, 2019 at 5:56 pm Reason: Missing class
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Carl380
What would you say is the best seat on an A380 EK ( North America to Dubai) ? Is it worth paying the extra $$ for it or wait until last 48hrs to book it for free ?

thanks
I've been debating too on waiting until 48 hours or select a seat now. My flight isn't until November. I've flown their A380 a few times before, and had aisle seats in the second row. They were fine, but you get all the crying babies up front. Had the extra legroom seats near the bassinets on Qatar, and that was a baby screaming nightmare. I'm actually looking at trying to get the last row (bulkhead)of that first section. They don't recline but nobody won't be behind me pulling on my seat. And the galley is right there for easy refills However, the center last row has an aisle with people walking behind you holding on your seat. I'm steering clear of those.
Carl380 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: OneWorld, Aeroplan,StarAlliance
Hahah I’m leaning towards the last row of the first section too and I’m flying with my gf so the plan is to book the isle and the window hoping no one will get the middle seat but this plan could go sideways..

maybe we’ll do 2 aisle seats since both of us hate sitting in the middle seat plus it’s a 15hr flight..

I heard there’s a window seat with extra legroom but not sure if that’s on a 777 or A380?

thanks for the reply and have a good trip
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Carl380
Hahah I’m leaning towards the last row of the first section too and I’m flying with my gf so the plan is to book the isle and the window hoping no one will get the middle seat but this plan could go sideways..

maybe we’ll do 2 aisle seats since both of us hate sitting in the middle seat plus it’s a 15hr flight..

I heard there’s a window seat with extra legroom but not sure if that’s on a 777 or A380?

thanks for the reply and have a good trip
I think you just made my mind up. I'm going to go ahead and pay for the first section, last row, bulkhead aisle seat. There's probably other passengers thinking of booking those seats the same as we are. Happy travels!

Edit: Just now purchased seats for both legs. Mission accomplished.

*FYI- there's an entire thread on TripAdvisor regarding row 50 (bulkhead seats), and they have been confirmed as being regular-recline, like any other emirates economy seats. And most folks indicated that it was quiet and cozy. They report that only bulkhead seats in the very rear of the plane have no recline.

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Jul 26, 2019 at 6:33 am
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
As Gold I get free selection in the front section, but avoid it like the plague. Lavatories at the front of the aircraft can cause considerable light and noise during night flights as well as quite a bit of foot traffic from the back of the aircraft. I generally go for 7-12 rows into the 2nd section, i.e. mid-way between bulkheads where one is furthest from babies and lavs and galleys
​​​​​
Carl380 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.