Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet another fare hike

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2008, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Yet another fare hike

Now that I got your attention, does any one know if EK is poised for another fare increase on 01SEP?

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: TK Elite, EK Gold, ICC Centurion
LOL you certainly did catch my attention, just as I was on the EY website searching for comparable fares.. lol :-)

I don't know for sure, but I do not see a fare increase coming Sep 1; on the contrary, perhaps, we may see a drop in fares sometime in mid-Sept. I figure that oil contracts will be picked up then and if we are seeing a 114 barrel, we could see a drop in surcharges.

-t.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
Originally Posted by avarice13
we could see a drop in surcharges
Ha! That'll be the day. What are they running, a missionary scholarship program?
Old Aug 16, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite, EK Gold, ICC Centurion
Originally Posted by directorguy_
Ha! That'll be the day. What are they running, a missionary scholarship program?
Not at all. These surcharges, however, are relative to their fuel costs. A system like Fedex that uses a Dynamic Fuel Surcharge (DFS), which moves according to the price of crude, would be interesting. However, FedEx charges DFS upon shipment of a package whereas tickets are purchased weeks or months in advance for airline travel, which means the DFS would not be extremely useful.

But, a surcharge that is 'more dynamic' would be interesting to consider...

-t.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 1:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Its ramadan in dxb, i think fares would go down for sep atleast
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:13 am

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
How about depart MAN - DBX 16th Sept return DBX - MAN 19th Dec, i know it is the Xmas season but £3,500+ for biz is taking the p###
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Not that it's much better, but the fare is £2,802 on www.expedia.co.uk. If you want to have a weekend / day in BAH, MAN-DXB-BAH-DXB-MAN is only £2,200. I would assume that it is mostly corporations that are paying this ridiculous price for nonstop. EY is only £1,600 to AUH.

Cheers,
Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Perhaps people are starting to vote with their wallets. I am waiting for my flight to Beirut. F lounge is very very quite, maximum of 12 passengers. Popped over to the business lounge there are plenty of empty seats. For this time of the morning it is really unusual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.