New Plat requirement

Old May 30, 2023, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
New Plat requirement

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but when I logged into my EK account (the first time in 2023 or so), I noticed the following: "You may need additional Tier Miles by 30 Jun 23 to achieve your Platinum tier membership. Effective 01 Apr 23, you will also need at least one qualifying flight in First Class or Business Class to achieve a Platinum tier membership."

Last edited by gorbatzjov; May 30, 2023 at 11:06 pm Reason: errors
Old May 31, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but when I logged into my EK account (the first time in 2023 or so), I noticed the following: "You may need additional Tier Miles by 30 Jun 23 to achieve your Platinum tier membership. Effective 01 Apr 23, you will also need at least one qualifying flight in First Class or Business Class to achieve a Platinum tier membership."
been there a while, god help anyone that gets plat with Y flying
Old May 31, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
But on the bright side you now get an on board gift as a plat so its totally worth it
gorbatzjov likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
But on the bright side you now get an on board gift as a plat so it’s totally worth it
Wait, what?!

Don't say it's the F chocolates!
Old May 31, 2023, 9:30 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Wait, what?!

Don't say it's the F chocolates!
What if you're already in F, then what's the gift?!
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by m3red
Back in 2019, I was chatting with a guy in the DXB F lounge who flew France to China every 2 or 3 weeks. Always in Y, always flex plus tickets. And he was platinum. He was not very forthcoming about what he did, but he said it was all work-related travel. I guess he may not be given platinum membership with this rule. Seems a bit harsh for someone who is so consistently loyal
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by BadoRas
Back in 2019, I was chatting with a guy in the DXB F lounge who flew France to China every 2 or 3 weeks. Always in Y, always flex plus tickets. And he was platinum. He was not very forthcoming about what he did, but he said it was all work-related travel. I guess he may not be given platinum membership with this rule. Seems a bit harsh for someone who is so consistently loyal
this is too close to home

luckily I did just have to buy a J ticket the other day so thats all done.
thijsseh and BadoRas like this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 4:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by BadoRas
Time to change jobs!
BadoRas likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2023, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by S.R
What if you're already in F, then what's the gift?!
Commiseration on your travel frequency and an a pair of earplugs
S.R likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Originally Posted by m3red
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
this is too close to home

luckily I did just have to buy a J ticket the other day so that’s all done.
Same here... I did 3-4 return flights to African countries a month for years. If I was lucky it was a nice 5-hour flight to East Africa, but many times it was Morocco, Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, South Africa 8h+ flights. When they added Plat, I almost reached it for a few years... Then the devaluations started and my miles accumulation - corporate policy cheapest Y fare only - didn't get far... Still not complaining: I was young and I loved it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.