Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business seats on an old 777ER

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2023, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Business seats on an old 777ER

I have flights booked on EK304Dubai-Shanghai and EK303Shanghai to Dubai. It looks like it will be a pretty old spec plane!
Not sure which seats to go for on this flight: Business is row 6-11
Row 6 window seems to be by a bulkhead with a screen in the seat rather than the wall? Does it make much difference which window seat I go for? Avoiding the middle section!
My other legs to London are on an A380.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 4:23 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by onlyajob
I have flights booked on EK304Dubai-Shanghai and EK303Shanghai to Dubai. It looks like it will be a pretty old spec plane!
Not sure which seats to go for on this flight: Business is row 6-11
Row 6 window seems to be by a bulkhead with a screen in the seat rather than the wall? Does it make much difference which window seat I go for? Avoiding the middle section!
My other legs to London are on an A380.
Row 6 has the screen on the wall.
My preferred seats are 7A/K and 6 A/K
Try to avoid row 8 (traffic to the lavatories)
Rows 9-11 A/K are OK.
onlyajob likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Row 6 has the screen on the wall.
My preferred seats are 7A/K and 6 A/K
Try to avoid row 8 (traffic to the lavatories)
Rows 9-11 A/K are OK.
That’s helpful. The 3D image when you are choosing seats shows the screen on the side of the chair which is odd. I’m booked in to 7K
i have row 9A window on way back.

Old Mar 17, 2023, 3:30 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I think that for completeness, I should add this:
In row 7, there is a missing window. That means that you will have to lean forward a bit to look out of the other window. Not a deal breaker for me, but if you are very keen on looking out it may be annoying.
In row 6, there is no window 'problem', but the storage is (even) worse than in row 7 as the storage 'ledge' below the screen is missing, as are the shoe pockets.
Storage on the J seats on the 77W is dire, I find it more of a problem than the slight incline of the seat...
So when choosing between row 6 or 7 you need to take those two factors into consideration.
onlyajob likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 6:20 am
Krz

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by thijsseh
I think that for completeness, I should add this:
In row 7, there is a missing window. That means that you will have to lean forward a bit to look out of the other window. Not a deal breaker for me, but if you are very keen on looking out it may be annoying.
Are the "3D" pictures on https://www.emirates.com/pl/english/......-long-range not correct?
There is window (in good location) in row 7.
I was flying J in B777 in the "larger" part of this cabin, row 8-11.
9 A/K was perfect for me, but this was already years ago.
onlyajob likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by Krz
Are the "3D" pictures on https://www.emirates.com/pl/english/......-long-range not correct?
There is window (in good location) in row 7.
The pictures are wrong. Computer generated by the look of it, not real images.
onlyajob likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the helpful comments.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: BA, EK, UA, MK
Row 7 and 11 on these aircraft don't have windows, and the "3D images" on the website are inaccurate. In these seats (7A/K, 11A/K) it's possible to look out the next window along (i.e. just behind rows 6/10) but only by leaning quite far forward. I'm generally quite picky about having window seats but to be honest this isn't too bad. I was in 11K last month and it wasn't a problem, and am booked in the same seat again a couple of days from now (flight looks full in J) but not concerned about it. Think of it as a partial window seat.
onlyajob likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 4:18 am

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
Originally Posted by onlyajob
That’s helpful. The 3D image when you are choosing seats shows the screen on the side of the chair which is odd. I’m booked in to 7K
i have row 9A window on way back.
I've flown many times on their old 777 J configuration. I've seen row six with a TV on the wall and sometimes without (looked like the picture). I would say that the seat view they display when choosing a seat is pretty accurate in my experience.

I don't recommend row six if the TV is not on the wall.
onlyajob likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.