Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Retrofitted A380 F started flying today

Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:30 am
S.R
Original Poster

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Mods feel free to merge into an existing thread if there is one, but I don't remember reading about this.

Seems EK is retrofitting A380 F cabins with updated wood paneling/physical seats in F to match the finishes in the game changer suites. The A380 suites remain the same suite as before, just newer finishes.
See this instagram story for videos: https://instagram.com/stories/upgrad...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Looks nice. I do wish they would just put the game changer on the A380 if they're already going through these retrofits.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 9:03 am

agreed! Would have loved to see the Game Changer on the A380.

Here are some more pictures, for now, wifi is awful on the flight.
137677 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 11:06 am

"Mods feel free to merge into an existing thread if there is one*

Here: The Emirates Fleet Guide
Old Jan 6, 2023, 11:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I think this needs a thread of it's own.

I assume these refurbs have also added Premium Economy?
JTPictureman likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:02 pm

Yes, A6-EVM is the first A380 refurbished wie PE.....the other six frames A6-EVN till A6-EVS have PE since their delivery from Airbus factory.

A6-EUW will be the next according to last news release.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I think this needs a thread of it's own.

I was wondering the same... also, did the pre-existing 4-class A380s enjoy 'gamechanger' style F seating?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:29 pm
S.R
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobmirror
I was wondering the same... also, did the pre-existing 4-class A380s enjoy 'gamechanger' style F seating?
No, only the 9 (?) 77Ws have the gamechanger suites. Disappointing they're not putting them on the A380
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by S.R
No, only the 9 (?) 77Ws have the gamechanger suites. Disappointing they're not putting them on the A380
Sorry I didn't mean the actual gamechanger suites, just the seating refresh which resembles gamechanger seating/decor in First (i.e. of the same sort being described in the original post for this refit programme for the A380s... I wondered if the planes which were delivered with PE also had the benefit of the updated First furnishings a la the 'gamechanger')
Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:13 pm
S.R
Original Poster

Sorry I didn't mean the actual gamechanger suites, just the seating refresh which resembles gamechanger seating/decor in First (i.e. of the same sort being described in the original post for this refit programme for the A380s... I wondered if the planes which were delivered with PE also had the benefit of the updated First furnishings a la the 'gamechanger')
Ah, no the suites on the A380s with PE were still the original style wood and seat. I think the shower spas as well as the J bar on those planes received the updated styles, but not the F suites.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:38 pm

Yes. Here's the EK press release on it.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...nters-service/
Old Jan 7, 2023, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by S.R
Ah, no the suites on the A380s with PE were still the original style wood and seat. I think the shower spas as well as the J bar on those planes received the updated styles, but not the F suites.
Seems a super weird decision now that they didn't supply/order F cabins on those A380s in that case!
Old Jan 7, 2023, 4:58 am

For those who skipped the press release, Emirates linked to this timelapse of the refit - super cool viewing!

Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:17 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Seems a super weird decision now that they didn't supply/order F cabins on those A380s in that case!
Why? The current F suites are perfectly fine. If they were to introduce the new F "game changer" suites, it would reduce the number of F seats to 9 I would have thought (assuming they could be fitted on the A380).
IntrepidAfrican2 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:36 am

Why? The current F suites are perfectly fine. If they were to introduce the new F "game changer" suites, it would reduce the number of F seats to 9 I would have thought (assuming they could be fitted on the A380).
It just seems odd that they're investing $2bn to retrofit a great number of existing A380s F cabins with updated upholstery/design standards (along with PE) but they didn't order the same to be fitted to the last A380s they ordered which came fitted with PE (as I understand it).

I guess is it comes down to the timelines not marrying up... just seems an unfortunate case for those few PE birds.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 7:12 am
S.R
Original Poster

It is has always baffled me how much they marketed the Gamechanger suite (its even on the big billboard pulling into J/F check in at DXB!) when its only on about 3% of aircraft in the fleet

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.