What to do with my miles?

Old Dec 18, 22, 6:43 am
Original Poster

What to do with my miles?

I have 92k EK miles and I'm wondering what to do with them. I looked at a flight from London to dubai and they were wanting 70k miles for a measly 200 off the flight. Seems pretty crappy to me.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or tips on how to get value for the miles any other way

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 22, 7:55 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Travellife47 View Post
I have 92k EK miles and I'm wondering what to do with them. I looked at a flight from London to dubai and they were wanting 70k miles for a measly 200 off the flight. Seems pretty crappy to me.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or tips on how to get value for the miles any other way

Thanks
Hi Travellife47, welcome to FlyerTalk and the Emirates forum in particular!

In my view, the best value you get for miles is to use them to upgrade a booking. The miles required are in the mileage calculator on the website (under the ‘Loyalty’ tab). Be aware that when upgrading an economy ticket ex UK to business class will attract the higher APD.
Old Dec 20, 22, 8:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
If you don't want to spend much money you could fly Y one way out to DXB in Feb and book a reward ticket in J for the return for 70ish k. I'd get in quick as there are devaluation rumours afoot.
Old Dec 20, 22, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
If you don't want to spend much money you could fly Y one way out to DXB in Feb and book a reward ticket in J for the return for 70ish k. I'd get in quick as there are devaluation rumours afoot.
Could you elaborate on these devaluation rumours? They already devalued business flex awards recently, not to mention the horrendous carrier imposed charges on reward tickets, or surcharges, whatever people wanna call them
Old Dec 20, 22, 12:57 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Maybe m3red can. It might be a glitch but he had some very high upgrade quotes come through J Saver to F. Nothing on the website suggesting it at the moment.
Old Dec 24, 22, 3:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by sydtogla View Post
Who needs bloggers... You heard it first here. I only wish I'd actually booked, rather than waiting 😱

Search this Thread