FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Flying Emirates out of FRA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/2098153-flying-emirates-out-fra.html)

HB7 Oct 19, 2022 7:08 pm

Flying Emirates out of FRA

Hi All,

I'm flying out of FRA with EK in a couple of weeks and from my understanding, as EK flies out of T2, the EK lounge is before security, is this correct? Last time I flew out of FRA on Qatar, it was from T1 and the lounge, as like most airports was after security - why is T2 different to T1 at FRA.

Secondly, how do you time leaving the lounge correctly so you don't miss your flight, especially when you may be facing a really long wait at security?

flyingfkb Oct 20, 2022 2:21 am

Originally Posted by HB7 (Post 34694671)
Hi All,

I'm flying out of FRA with EK in a couple of weeks and from my understanding, as EK flies out of T2, the EK lounge is before security, is this correct? Last time I flew out of FRA on Qatar, it was from T1 and the lounge, as like most airports was after security - why is T2 different to T1 at FRA.

Secondly, how do you time leaving the lounge correctly so you don't miss your flight, especially when you may be facing a really long wait at security?

Yes it is outside of security in Terminal 2 Area E. Why is it different to T1? Because T2 was planned differently and has a different layout. T2 was build much later than T1. Security shouldn't be such an issue. The security control just handles gates E6 to E9. It is not one of these central security controls where everybody must go through.

tom tulpe Oct 21, 2022 9:57 am

Originally Posted by HB7 (Post 34694671)

Emirates have their own lounge, security is per gate (so not too busy or unpredictable), and then there aren't that many flights out of this particular corner of T2. Especially for the 10pm flight, EK's the pretty much only flight there, so not usually a problem. Plus Emirates staff will turf you out of the lounge if they feel that you really should be boarding now.

HB7 Oct 21, 2022 2:47 pm

Is there an express lane at security for business/first/status passengers? It seems like having to go through security at this point really decreases the passenger experience significantly - especially as you'll need to stress the whole time about whether you're delayed for your flight.

What if there is a staff shortage on the day of travel and everything gets backed up significantly? I would understand if there was individual security at the gate (like Changi Singapore) - but this just seems like an added stress until the very last second before you get to the aircraft no?

offerendum Oct 22, 2022 2:06 am

Originally Posted by HB7 (Post 34699553)
Is there an express lane at security for business/first/status passengers? It seems like having to go through security at this point really decreases the passenger experience significantly - especially as you'll need to stress the whole time about whether you're delayed for your flight.

What if there is a staff shortage on the day of travel and everything gets backed up significantly? I would understand if there was individual security at the gate (like Changi Singapore) - but this just seems like an added stress until the very last second before you get to the aircraft no?

Can't talk about the Emirates-flight, but if I remember correctly there is a fast-lane at the gate security. Also I don't think they finish bording if there still stand people in front of the gate at security.

tom tulpe Oct 22, 2022 5:11 am

Originally Posted by HB7 (Post 34699553)

Yes, there is fast track. No you won't miss your flight, there's only your flight behind that security checkpoint (like 20 metres / 22 yards behind it) and it's accross the corridor from the lounge. Much better than the central security scrum in Terminal 1 (unless you arrive 60 mins or so before your flight instead of waiting for boarding to be announced in the lounge).

Also, you can board at your convenience if you're in F or C, irrespective of which boarding group is called. So get to security about 15 mins after boarding starts, go through, straight on the plane, done.

FLYGVA Oct 22, 2022 7:00 am

Maybe you get some more or addtional attention over in the Emirates Forum. Therefore I am moving the thread to the Emirates Forum

FLYGVA
co-moderator Germany Forum

HB7 Oct 22, 2022 10:14 am

Originally Posted by tom tulpe (Post 34700576)
Yes, there is fast track. No you won't miss your flight, there's only your flight behind that security checkpoint (like 20 metres / 22 yards behind it) and it's accross the corridor from the lounge. Much better than the central security scrum in Terminal 1 (unless you arrive 60 mins or so before your flight instead of waiting for boarding to be announced in the lounge).

Also, you can board at your convenience if you're in F or C, irrespective of which boarding group is called. So get to security about 15 mins after boarding starts, go through, straight on the plane, done.

Thanks for the advice, I'll plan to leave the lounge 15 mins or so after boarding is called and go from there.

Coffee drinker Oct 23, 2022 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by HB7 (Post 34701014)
Thanks for the advice, I'll plan to leave the lounge 15 mins or so after boarding is called and go from there.

Just keep in mind there is literally nothing after security. It's really just a waiting room with toilets and maybe one kiosk. If the flight is full, you may not even get a seat and have to stand until boarding.

15 minutes should be more than enough. Flew several times out of Frankfurt and security is right in front of the lounge and never took longer than 10 minutes. Usually only go through security once all the economy pax are done because as I said, there is not much behind it.

HB7 Oct 24, 2022 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Coffee drinker (Post 34704346)
Just keep in mind there is literally nothing after security. It's really just a waiting room with toilets and maybe one kiosk. If the flight is full, you may not even get a seat and have to stand until boarding.

15 minutes should be more than enough. Flew several times out of Frankfurt and security is right in front of the lounge and never took longer than 10 minutes. Usually only go through security once all the economy pax are done because as I said, there is not much behind it.

Fair enough - I've heard security at FRA is pretty thorough they even ask for your cables to be removed from your bag?

indogulf Oct 24, 2022 5:29 am

Originally Posted by HB7 (Post 34704756)
Fair enough - I've heard security at FRA is pretty thorough they even ask for your cables to be removed from your bag?

Not really, they're just thorough. Make sure your liquids are in a clear ziploc bag. Electronics need to be out but I flew through last week and no power cords, cables, etc needed to be removed.

FromGVA Oct 24, 2022 7:48 am

Well in my 5 last trips FRA-DXB they ask me to put all the cables in a tray two times .