Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates cutting F seats as part of cabin refresh?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates cutting F seats as part of cabin refresh?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Emirates cutting F seats as part of cabin refresh?

I just now saw an infographic from Emirates that shows the details of their massive cabin refresh project, starting in November 2022. As part of that, they plan to refresh all cabins across their entire fleet.
Something in that graphic caught my eye and it is not good, I am afraid.

It says that are refreshing 728 first class seats across 67 A380s. That is just 10.86 seats per aircraft! That can only mean that they are cutting the F cabin from 14 seats (7 rows 1-2-1) down to 12 or less.
Emirates' F awards are going to be even harder find, going forward.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by vsadda
I just now saw an infographic from Emirates that shows the details of their massive cabin refresh project, starting in November 2022. As part of that, they plan to refresh all cabins across their entire fleet.

It says that are refreshing 728 first class seats across 67 A380s. That is just 10.86 seats per aircraft! That can only mean that they are cutting the F cabin from 14 seats (7 rows 1-2-1) down to 12 or less.
My guess is it probably means they aren't touching F on all of the 67 listed aircraft that are being 'refreshed'. 728 divided by 14 is a round number (52), so it probably just means they'll only refurb F on 52 of the older aircraft is my guess.
IntrepidAfrican2 and 36902BRF like this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
My guess is it probably means they aren't touching F on all of the 67 listed aircraft that are being 'refreshed'. 728 divided by 14 is a round number (52), so it probably just means they'll only refurb F on 52 of the older aircraft is my guess.
It's possible. However, they clearly stated that they are refreshing all cabins in 67 aircraft. Also, they are adding the new Premium Economy cabin in too. They need to get the space for it from somewhere.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Plat *G/DL Plat/Marriott Ti/WoH Glob
Or some of the A380 frames to be refreshed in this program are 2-class configuration A380s of which there are 15 in the fleet per the fleet tracker

Seems unlikely they'd reduce the actual number of seats in the F cabin

Last edited by smichelm; Aug 17, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smichelm
Or some of the A380 frames to be refreshed in this program are 2-class configuration A380s of which there are 15 in the fleet per the fleet tracker

Seems unlikely they'd actually reduce the actual number of seats in the F cabin
That is more likely the reason for the discrepancy. I assumed that all their A380s are 3-cabin type.
mitellic likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:00 pm

It's possible. However, they clearly stated that they are refreshing all cabins in 67 aircraft. Also, they are adding the new Premium Economy cabin in too. They need to get the space for it from somewhere.
728/14 = 52

67-52 = 15

There are 15, 2-class a380 without W.

Adds up to me.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:19 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold

no chance - that would be a redesign not a refresh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.