FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Extract historical EK fare info based on e-ticket/PNR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/2086872-extract-historical-ek-fare-info-based-e-ticket-pnr.html)

maxvor Jul 13, 2022 5:26 pm

Extract historical EK fare info based on e-ticket/PNR

Dears,

I'm in somewhat lengthy 3-way dispute between myself, OTA and Emirates at the moment (reminder to myself, never ever book Emirates tickets via OTA in case there is even remote chance you'll need to cancel/change anything unless you love spending time on the phone).
Now I need to look up the fare rules on original ticket (issued in June 2020), is there a way to find those somehow? OTA booked through is Priceline.com if that matters. I would hope someone with GDS access could help, but such an old one?..

Thanks a lot in advance to whoever can extend a helping hand here.

deltheking Jul 13, 2022 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 34423461)
Dears,

I'm in somewhat lengthy 3-way dispute between myself, OTA and Emirates at the moment (reminder to myself, never ever book Emirates tickets via OTA in case there is even remote chance you'll need to cancel/change anything unless you love spending time on the phone).
Now I need to look up the fare rules on original ticket (issued in June 2020), is there a way to find those somehow? OTA booked through is Priceline.com if that matters. I would hope someone with GDS access could help, but such an old one?..

Thanks a lot in advance to whoever can extend a helping hand here.

If you have emails from the OTA from June 2020 - that should have all the fare details along with the payment receipt. If not or if the email doesnt have that info, guess someone over here can help you out.

And also a note or reminder to "everyone " - never buy any airline ticket on an OTA site , buy it directly on the airline website.

maxvor Jul 14, 2022 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by deltheking (Post 34423839)
If you have emails from the OTA from June 2020 - that should have all the fare details along with the payment receipt. If not or if the email doesnt have that info, guess someone over here can help you out.

And also a note or reminder to "everyone " - never buy any airline ticket on an OTA site , buy it directly on the airline website.

PL doesn't send payment receipt and reservation is now removed from PL web-site (too old they say - nonsense).
I wouldn't be so black and white, many airlines will be quite ok taking over OTA ticket if there is a good reason, Emirates is the most nasty one in my experience, will refuse it in 99.9% of cases.
Also booking via OTA will be cheaper than with carrier directly in majority of cases, plus some tickets you just can't book on carrier's web-site and in such case OTA is one of the very few options you have.

JudeS Jul 14, 2022 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 34425981)
PL doesn't send payment receipt and reservation is now removed from PL web-site (too old they say - nonsense).

Also booking via OTA will be cheaper than with carrier directly in majority of cases, plus some tickets you just can't book on carrier's web-site .

If you believe this I assume that you also believe in the tooth fairy and father Christmas!!!

deltheking Jul 14, 2022 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 34425981)
I wouldn't be so black and white, many airlines will be quite ok taking over OTA ticket if there is a good reason, Emirates is the most nasty one in my experience, will refuse it in 99.9% of cases.
Also booking via OTA will be cheaper than with carrier directly in majority of cases, plus some tickets you just can't book on carrier's web-site and in such case OTA is one of the very few options you have.

PL must have sent you a confirmation email when you made the booking in 2020. If you can dig it up - you could get some info.

Airlines will take an OTA booking for sure but if something goes wrong or you want to make any changes they will just ask you contact the OTA and say they are not responsible. Thats just the way for any airline including any American airline not just Emirates. If it is cheaper on OTA - can guarantee you that it will be the most restrictive ticket with almost all nonrefundable terms. The only time an OTA buy makes sense is if it is on multiple carriers which are not interlined and you have no other option on a single airline - and again chances of that are pretty small unless you are flying to some distant remote place. And yes it will come with a bunch of restrictions as well . OTA's for airlines are just not worth it in my opinion unless there is a difference in the high 100's and 1000's and that too at a legit OTA site.

maxvor Jul 14, 2022 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by JudeS (Post 34426093)
If you believe this I assume that you also believe in the tooth fairy and father Christmas!!!

care you elaborate?