Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

DXB transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2022, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

I am flying in to DXB Terminal 1 by Ethiopian Airlines and taking an Emirates flight to India from Terminal 3 after a few hours. As I will be going through immigration and collecting my baggage I would like to know how does one get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3. Do I take a taxi to Terminal 3 departures or are the terminals connected? I have many hours between flights so connecting time is not a problem. I cannot book my baggage through as they are two separate tickets. I would appreciate any guidance. Thank you
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Why can't you check your bags all the way to India on check in at Addis?? You can collect your boarding pass tansit side on arrival in Dubai ..... I am pretty sure you can get them to tag your bags through all the way, although you may not be able to get your BP up front.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 3:15 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You can get the metro between T1 & T3. However, it only runs from about 05:00-00:00 (midnight).

There's also a shuttle bus that runs 24 hours.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you Safari 7 and DYKWIA.. I will do my best to get the bags tagged to India. Failing that will do the shuttle bus. The advice from both of you has been most helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.