Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still chaos at UK airports

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by GodAtum
What should I expect landing into LHR from Dubai around 7am on a Sunday? I have a UK passport. A few hours wait?
Landed around a similar time last week at LHR T3, c.30 min.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Arctic Troll
I go through Manchester T1 quite frequently travelling to/from the Isle of Man. It seems to be pot luck as to how bad it is, though last time I came through- on a Monday afternoon about 3pm- it took an hour to clear security. That was fun with a three year old.

I'm not sure how "out of the ordinary" that is, though; Manchester security has been a car wreck for as long as I can remember.
Doesn't help that you cannot check bags through at the moment with a logan air codeshare . When the EK code share was with flybe you could check bags through to IOM and use the transit security and immigration.

It wasn't necessarily quicker as often you were the only person at transit immigration and the border control officer was often busy and could take up to an hour to get to you

But you had a very quiet place to wait with loads of chairs / toilet etc and no hassle of passing through MAN security again.. There was a security check on arrival to transit area for hand luggage..

This was much better than trying to Clear immigration/ collect bags /go Landside / check in bags at flybe desk in T3 and then go through T3 security

T1 security at the moment s probably far better than the shambles at T3 which says it all :-)
Arctic Troll likes this.

Last edited by ukdoctor; May 13, 2022 at 12:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.