Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Josh Cahill First Class review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by LXA350
If the door is closed it really means DND and what I do is I open the door as soon as I finished my course / want refills and usually the crew will come by very quickly. There are cameras installed on the ceiling at least on the newer 77W's where the crew can see in the Galley if a Door is open or not in addition
Might just be different ways of thinking but to me the door is to have privacy from other pax not a signal to the crew that I dont want any services. That's what the DND button is for IMO. Sorry but opening the door as a signal that I'm done with my course seems silly. Part of good service is knowing how long a person may take to complete a course and checking in after an appropriate amount of time and for refills of beverages even mid-course if needed without being too in your face. I know this is about EK F but even on QR, I board and shut the door- crew still comes by to ask for my PDB, brings the PDB opens and then shuts the door. Also, what about the vast majority of aircraft where there aren't cameras? Suites have definitely pre-dated cabin cameras
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:06 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kq747
Might just be different ways of thinking but to me the door is to have privacy from other pax not a signal to the crew that I dont want any services. That's what the DND button is for IMO. Sorry but opening the door as a signal that I'm done with my course seems silly. Part of good service is knowing how long a person may take to complete a course and checking in after an appropriate amount of time and for refills of beverages even mid-course if needed without being too in your face. I know this is about EK F but even on QR, I board and shut the door- crew still comes by to ask for my PDB, brings the PDB opens and then shuts the door. Also, what about the vast majority of aircraft where there aren't cameras? Suites have definitely pre-dated cabin cameras
This was my point. The DND button and light on the exterior door exists but it seems everyone here uses the door instead.

I think shutting the door is a huge inconvenience to the crew during meal service so never do. Again, we are all different.
BadoRas likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Do those "bloggers" pay for their tickets? Do they tell the crew that they will be filming?

And anyway food at such an altitude isn't the same as on land.

I am grateful to be able to fly F and am happy with whatever they provide. As long as the crew is nice and respectful, am fine.
BadoRas likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Hate to break it to you but it’s also customer service 101. Any luxury hotel hotel equally trains their staff to anticipate guests needs. It’s not an opinion. 1) Warm welcome, 2) Anticipate needs and provide excellent service, 3) Fond farewell. These are the tenants of luxury service.

Of course, if you want to be left alone then you either need to tell the crew or use the DND button.
I don’t think luxury is formulaic, and I don’t think it has tenets. I accept I’m not flying on a private jet and EK can’t adapt to meet every single passenger’s needs, but my general experience on EK F is non-intrusive, and I prefer it that way. There are other airlines that are more hands-on, and I accept that some people like that. Not me.

Again, just your opinion mate. Not saying you’re wrong. Simply saying you cannot speak for us all. But thanks for breaking it to me 🙂
thijsseh and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Hate to break it to you but it’s also customer service 101. Any luxury hotel hotel equally trains their staff to anticipate guests needs. It’s not an opinion. 1) Warm welcome, 2) Anticipate needs and provide excellent service, 3) Fond farewell. These are the tenants of luxury service.

Of course, if you want to be left alone then you either need to tell the crew or use the DND button.
Tenets, not tenants
m3red likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:08 pm

There are some decent flight reviewers on YouTube, in no particular order:
  • DennisBunnik Travels - The guy usually has some quality Aussie humour during his reviews and I find he is generally fair with his reviews.
  • Wingin’ It! Paul Lucas - This British based creator does a lot of rail as well as flight reviews. Again he comes across as pretty fair.
  • Vicarious Voyager - This reviewer is based in Canada and making flight reviews isn't his full time job. However the amount of work he puts into the videos is pretty impressive compared to a lot of folk who do this full time.

I agree that there are a lot of really awful and cringe inducing YouTubers who are making videos to go "viral" or have millions of subscribers, but you can tell their content these days are just PR content for airlines, who have quite obviously invited them on board to do a "review" to their millions of subscribers.
DiamondMile likes this.

Last edited by Contrast; Apr 29, 2022 at 2:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.