Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Paid for extra luggage......How to notify chauffeur ?

Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.

Hello:

I have upcoming trip in Emirates in F. Two weeks ago I paid for an additional 2 bags and now I have 4 checked bags. Will Emirates automatically book a larger vehicle for me airport transfer? Do I need to notify someone? It is clearly listed on my reservation 4 Checked, 2 carryon. Just trying to head off a mess on my departure day. Thank you all in advance, NYC
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:00 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
Hello:

I have upcoming trip in Emirates in F. Two weeks ago I paid for an additional 2 bags and now I have 4 checked bags. Will Emirates automatically book a larger vehicle for me airport transfer? Do I need to notify someone? It is clearly listed on my reservation 4 Checked, 2 carryon. Just trying to head off a mess on my departure day. Thank you all in advance, NYC
I am almost certain that Emirates will not automatically arrange a larger car for you based on your additional baggage purchase. I may be wrong, but I certainly would not rely on it.
In most outstations, the chauffeur drive provider will confirm the pickup around 24 hours before your scheduled pickup, either by 'phone or by email and at that stage you can ask for a larger vehicle. Your username suggests that you might be leaving from JFK (or EWR?), I have no personal experience with those outstations but maybe one of our NYC based forum members can shed a light on this. Otherwise I would contact EK via the call centre and ask them directly.
NYCtraveler likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 4:18 pm

If I am going on a long trip. Half a checked luggage will be face masks
NYCtraveler likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I think you need to be proactive on this. I would not rely on EK providing you with a larger vehicle.
NYCtraveler likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Thanks for the feedback, however today I waited 1.5 hours on hold and got nowhere?? I will await the call from the car service a day B4.......Not much more I can do. Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, as always, to All. Today I received the confirmation from Blacklane for my car service. It said if you have any changes or questions, please notify us.....However there was no address I found to do so. Thankfully Dr. Google had an email address and I notified of baggage additns etc and they "upgraded" my transport from a Luxury sedan to a Van which can take up to 5 checked bags. Blacklane was quick to respond and were on top of things. Thanks as always for everyone's feedback. Cheers and safe travels to all!
thijsseh likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Thanks, as always, to All. Today I received the confirmation from Blacklane for my car service. It said if you have any changes or questions, please notify us.....However there was no address I found to do so. Thankfully Dr. Google had an email address and I notified of baggage additns etc and they "upgraded" my transport from a Luxury sedan to a Van which can take up to 5 checked bags. Blacklane was quick to respond and were on top of things. Thanks as always for everyone's feedback. Cheers and safe travels to all!
Glad you got a good resolution! Also good to know it's Blacklane now, I kept thinking Addison Lee was the provider in the USA.
NYCtraveler likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:36 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Glad you got a good resolution! Also good to know it's Blacklane now, I kept thinking Addison Lee was the provider in the USA.
Addison Lee is the provider at LHR (at least the last few times I have flown out of / into there). Out of LGW for the first time in over 2 years soon, presume it’s AL there as well, although in the past LHR and LGW have at times not have had the same provider.
Metanoia and NYCtraveler like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:24 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
EK seems to be transitioning to Blacklane in quite a few countries. Blacklane has been used for JFK for the past couple of years.
They were using Addison Lee at JFK a few years ago, and prior to that it was Boston Coach for many many years.
Metanoia and NYCtraveler like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Just one less thing to worry about. As always thank you for all your help and fly safe and well! Flyertalk has always bee a great resource. Cheers!
Metanoia and BadoRas like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Thankfully Dr. Google had an email address
i will need to do something similar in a few weeks. What’s their email please?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.