Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Saver/flex and new change rules

Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, Qantas frequent flyer

HI
Can't get onto Emirates via chat. I am not a frequent flyer - once or twice a year Australia to Europe.
They have changed the fare change rules so it says "no charge" on either saver or flex.
So at the moment other than skywards point (pretty useless for me) and $100 difference for no show there is no difference between saver and flex change costs is that right? Somewhere else on their site it says change costs depend on your fare level? Is that referring to pre covid?
The only problem I can see which isn't clear from the different air fares is if I got covid overseas and couldn't fly back and had to reschedule the second half of the ticket.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:34 am
wsc

Ignoring claiming on insurance, in your scenario if you had a saver ticket (out and in bound), if you changed your inbound flight, it would be subject to availability of a saver ticket.

But yes, changes are free right now.

The other diff is obv costs more points to upgrade from J Saver to F (only comes in Flex I believe).
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:10 pm

If you have both Saver and Flex at same price, get Flex, simply if you choose to change dates after you have more probability of having setas in flex bucket then saver.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, Qantas frequent flyer
Originally Posted by suley
If you have both Saver and Flex at same price, get Flex, simply if you choose to change dates after you have more probability of having setas in flex bucket then saver.
flex is $200AUD more than flex per leg which is a lot hence the dilemma. But I guess Im these covid times if Im going to travel its best to be on the safe side.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.