Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Time to transit in Dubai - time for spa ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2022, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Hello
I’m flying first class with emirates to Sydney and I am transiting through Dubai. My flight lands Dubai 8.30am on a Friday morning and my next flight is 10.15am - I seem to arrive and depart from terminal 3.
will I have enough time to squeeze in the complementary treatment in the spa ? If so what time should I book for -9/9.15 or how long will it take for me to disembark and make it to the spa ?
The terminal looks pretty big !
Will I have enough time to enjoy the first class lounge ?
I’ve never flown first class before so pretty excited !
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You won't have much time. You'll need to re-clear security initially. T3 has 3 concourses (mini-terminals), so it there's a good chance that you'll need to switch concourses (Concourse A requires getting a shuttle train to/from B & C).

There are 3 F lounges - one in each Concourse. A is the newest and probably best, followed by B and then C (which is the oldest). If your flight is from A, you'll be able to board directly from the lounge. In B - some of the gates are boarded from the lounge, for others, you'll need to exit the lounge and go downstairs to the main departures area.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by happytofly2022
Hello
I’m flying first class with emirates to Sydney and I am transiting through Dubai. My flight lands Dubai 8.30am on a Friday morning and my next flight is 10.15am - I seem to arrive and depart from terminal 3.
will I have enough time to squeeze in the complementary treatment in the spa ? If so what time should I book for -9/9.15 or how long will it take for me to disembark and make it to the spa ?
In the past... not sure about now, but they would book you for a treatment in both lounges and direct you to the lounge closest to your gate when it's assigned. I can PM you the e-mail address for booking if you like.

If you can get a booking this between 9:15 and definitely no later than 9:30, I think you'd be OK. Assuming you arrive on time and take the worst case 45 minutes to get from say, gate C1 to A Concourse spa (next to the F lounge), that should work, but others can chime in and correct me if they disagree!

Last edited by Metanoia; Jan 30, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:10 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by happytofly2022
Hello
You can't do everything. I would spend the time relaxing in and enjoying the lounge. A massage is a massage!

Have a good trip and enjoy the EK First experience.
TheUrbanite and BadoRas like this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:50 pm

Don't forget time from landing to being on stand, and then doors open and then through. Even in the closest scenario - landing central B gates, down the escalator, straight into security and upstairs, you're still looking at being in the lounge of destination terminal at 0900. Even if you did book in advance and there was a therapist immediately available, I think you'd be too busy stressing about time to really enjoy it.

I'd relax free from time constraints - if the spa is available, great, but if not, don't let fixation on it ruin the rest of the journey.
Metanoia likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by WLG Base
You can't do everything. I would spend the time relaxing in and enjoying the lounge. A massage is a massage!

I totally agree.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by WLG Base

Very true. The lounge, dining experience and a trip to the champagne bar are far more unique to EK F than a 15 minute massage you can get anywhere.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:15 pm

If I am transiting at Dubai on F, I would plan at least 8 hours layover
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Very true. The lounge, dining experience and a trip to the champagne bar are far more unique to EK F than a 15 minute massage you can get anywhere.
Just one glass of that Chateau Mouton will out price an hour spa massage in London.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Just one glass of that Chateau Mouton will out price an hour spa massage in London.
I didn't search too much last time I was in the F lounge, best I've ever come up with was a 1985 Ducru, 2005 Amuse Bouche by Heidi Barrett and a 2007 Pontet Canet...

Was that recently?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Thank you

Thanks for all the advice everyone!
Old Feb 3, 2022, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

If you can get a booking this between 9:15 and definitely no later than 9:30, I think you'd be OK. !
I’ve followed your advice and booked for 9.15 😀
Metanoia likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:11 pm

I didn't search too much last time I was in the F lounge, best I've ever come up with was a 1985 Ducru, 2005 Amuse Bouche by Heidi Barrett and a 2007 Pontet Canet...

Was that recently?
Sometimes they have something else. It is just luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.