Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Business Class Chauffeur Service Query

Old Jan 25, 2022, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I presume that the chauffeur service is a return journey and not just one way to Heathrow. I have looked at the Emirates website but its not clear. We are about 20 miles further than their current mileage allowance so does anyone know how much they would charge please? Even at say 0.45p per mile that's under 10!
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
It's more than 0.45p a mile.

In July 2019 my journey was 81 miles so 11 miles over the limit and the cost was 50.33.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Goodness. That is a huge charge. That’s 4.50 a mile!!
Old Jan 25, 2022, 4:48 pm

I was informed in advance but I agree it was a lot.

Although not ideal, it would be cheaper for you to take a taxi or bus to a place within the allowed mileage and get the chauffeur to collect you there.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 5:42 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
The information is not on the website anymore, but I remember that at some time the allowance was changed from 70 to 50 miles and the surcharge was something like 7.50 for the first additional mile and 1 per mile thereafter!
Now it is back to 70 miles and there is no word on what the surcharge will be. Having said that, I have in the last few months used the chauffeur drive to and from LHR three times at just over 90 miles and have not been charged anything... I live closer to LGW, but last time I flew into London was late November and there were no LGW flights at that time.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you all. This is very useful. Even if we used our usual Meet and Greet Parking at Heathrow it would cost in. I believe that the service is outsourced to various companies so I guess they cannot state the charge on the website but honestly these airlines don’t make things easy. Of course you could call them if they ever answered the phone!
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Moonstone1234
Thank you all. This is very useful. Even if we used our usual Meet and Greet Parking at Heathrow it would cost in. I believe that the service is outsourced to various companies so I guess they cannot state the charge on the website but honestly these airlines dont make things easy. Of course you could call them if they ever answered the phone!
If you can't get through to the UK number, try the online chat. Failing that, call the Dubai number on Skype (or whatever).
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:18 am

Hi We have flight out of LGW next week and the allowance is 70 miles and according to the manage your booking website we are within the radius on the map. We have not been advised of a charge when I phoned to change the pickup time so assume there will be no charge. The site dose say it is actually mileage rather than the radius distance. In the past when the limited was 50 miles it was about 50 per trip as we live 65-70 miles away.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by elansear
The site dose say it is actually mileage rather than the radius distance.
The radius/driven miles discussion comes up frequently. Where did you see actual mileage mentioned on the website as I can see radius on one page?

Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:57 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Longton

In July 2019 my journey was 81 miles so 11 miles over the limit and the cost was 50.33.
That is a crazy price, when I am flying out of LHR I pay a fixed price of 17 to travel 13 miles to the airport, pretty much makes CD worthless for me when travelling from London.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:28 am

I cannot recall the mileage allowance in July 2019. If it was 50 miles then it would have been 50.33 for 31 miles which makes it a bit more reasonable.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Will08
That is a crazy price, when I am flying out of LHR I pay a fixed price of 17 to travel 13 miles to the airport, pretty much makes CD worthless for me when travelling from London.
But if you're only 13 miles from the airport then it does make the CD worthwhile since the journey will be free.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:54 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by ft101
The radius/driven miles discussion comes up frequently. Where did you see actual mileage mentioned on the website as I can see radius on one page?

Your screenshot does not cover the full message, I'm afraid.
See the 'additional notes' below:

Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:07 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
If you can't get through to the UK number, try the online chat. Failing that, call the Dubai number on Skype (or whatever).
In the past I have found it useful get get to the UK number for this sort of information. Back in 2019 they seemed to have a 'postcode checker' which they used to tell you what you owed. I was certain that I was well outside the 70 driven miles (but just - and really only just- inside the red circle. So I called, the agent tried the postcode checker, told me that he could not find our postcode on his system and told me there was no charge. Great! When reporting in the CD lounge at LHR I again asked if there would be a charge. No, no charge, the receptionist confirmed.

Actually I have only twice been charged for CD, both times in AMS, and then I was informed that there would be a charge. On the arrival CD by the driver before we set off, on departure by the operator who phoned me to confirm the booking.

These days I just 'let it happen'. If there is a charge, I'll pay it. A taxi to where I live (90+ driven miles from LHR, 65 driven miles from LGW) is eyewateringly expensive. And public transport is way too much of a faff with luggage etc. And with 2 people HS1 fares are not exactly inexpensive either.
JudeS likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
But if you're only 13 miles from the airport then it does make the CD worthwhile since the journey will be free.
I meant in the context of the ticket options that are now available with or without CD. The amount you paid on top of the "free" CD service was a complete rip off and a ridiculous amount to pay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.