Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Anyone else having trouble logging into Emirates website? I can access the site just fine, but logging in I get a timeout.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Hi,
We are flying in J from MEL to DXB, and then connecting in J on a FZ flight from terminal 3 with an EK code share designation, on an EK ticket.

The rules don't mention code share - https://www.emirates.com/au/english/...nd-conditions/ which is why I am asking here.

Are we entitled to EK business lounge access in DXB? Should we expect any hassle?
thanks
Bump - does anyone know if codeshare is consider ok for lounge access at DXB please?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: Skywards
Hi all,

on Saturday i will fly to Dubai on EK50, is there anyone here who could tell me the registration of the A380 that is planned there ?
As is saw that on this flight EK uses always some older airframes i hope for a newer one.

Thanks
Florian
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:06 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Flo388
Hi all,

on Saturday i will fly to Dubai on EK50, is there anyone here who could tell me the registration of the A380 that is planned there ?
As is saw that on this flight EK uses always some older airframes i hope for a newer one.

Thanks
Florian
As far as I know this information is not available here. There may be forum members who have this information, but they obviously don't share it, firstly because I would expect their employer to frown upon it and secondly because this would trigger a barrage of 'can I please have the tail number of .... ' requests. Probably even a new thread..

Your best bet is to look at the outbound flight on Flightradar 24 after it has left DXB.

I know it's 'nice to know', I have done it myself. But of course it's completely immaterial (unless you cancel your flight because the don't like the airframe...)
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by thijsseh
As far as I know this information is not available here. There may be forum members who have this information, but they obviously don't share it, firstly because I would expect their employer to frown upon it and secondly because this would trigger a barrage of 'can I please have the tail number of .... ' requests. Probably even a new thread..

Your best bet is to look at the outbound flight on Flightradar 24 after it has left DXB.

I know it's 'nice to know', I have done it myself. But of course it's completely immaterial (unless you cancel your flight because the don't like the airframe...)
Thanks for your reply!
Yeah, i fully understand that its a more or less "internal" information.
But maybe some of the Emirates employee can tell me, if the airframe has the black ( A6-EEF and onewards) or the grey old entertainment, thas mostly the question why im asking :-)

And thanks fot the hint with Flightradar24, i already follow them and analyze what could be possible, but atm its still difficult to say haha
Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:12 pm

Business Class Upgrade

So two questions really:
- I have sufficient point to upgrade our flights, I can see seats are available but the upgrade options isn’t available. Anyway I’ve put it on auto upgrade. My question is that if I check in the morning of the flight that seats are available, should I insist on the upgrade?
- What is usually the fare difference between economy and business at the time of check in. My understanding is that the price difference isn’t the same as if I were to book an upgrade, say, few days earlier?

so:
- 2 Adults, 1 child under 2 - two seats booked;
- Syd to DXb leg (DXB to Syd leg upgraded)
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:38 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Umair Danka
So two questions really:
- I have sufficient point to upgrade our flights, I can see seats are available but the upgrade options isn’t available. Anyway I’ve put it on auto upgrade. My question is that if I check in the morning of the flight that seats are available, should I insist on the upgrade?
- What is usually the fare difference between economy and business at the time of check in. My understanding is that the price difference isn’t the same as if I were to book an upgrade, say, few days earlier?

so:
- 2 Adults, 1 child under 2 - two seats booked;
- Syd to DXb leg (DXB to Syd leg upgraded)
Hello Umair Danka, welcome to FlyerTalk and the Emirates forum in particular!

Your first question: 'Seeing' seats available (I don't know where you see these, but that is perfectly possible / easy) has some, but not a lot to do with availability of upgrades (or awards in general). Only when the airline believes they cannot sell the seats for cash will they make them available for awards, that is a business decision. Based on past performance (route, time of year etc) this may be several weeks in advance or only hours before departure. Auto upgrade is a good tool, but it does not always work so I suggest you check on Manage My Booking regularly as well.
At some moment (usually when the flight has been 'closed', which is rather shortly before departure - think hours rather than days), availability changes to 'available seats' and at that stage you can 'insist' (not sure that is the right word to use) on the upgrade. This will undoubtedly be at the airport, or even on board!

Second question: You may get an offer (via email) for an upgrade at a lower cost than the fare difference, but generally cash upgrades are for the difference in fare between your ticket and the available business class fare (which may be a Flex+ fare by the time you get to the airport).
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Hello Umair Danka, welcome to FlyerTalk and the Emirates forum in particular!

Your first question: 'Seeing' seats available (I don't know where you see these, but that is perfectly possible / easy) has some, but not a lot to do with availability of upgrades (or awards in general). Only when the airline believes they cannot sell the seats for cash will they make them available for awards, that is a business decision. Based on past performance (route, time of year etc) this may be several weeks in advance or only hours before departure. Auto upgrade is a good tool, but it does not always work so I suggest you check on Manage My Booking regularly as well.
At some moment (usually when the flight has been 'closed', which is rather shortly before departure - think hours rather than days), availability changes to 'available seats' and at that stage you can 'insist' (not sure that is the right word to use) on the upgrade. This will undoubtedly be at the airport, or even on board!

Second question: You may get an offer (via email) for an upgrade at a lower cost than the fare difference, but generally cash upgrades are for the difference in fare between your ticket and the available business class fare (which may be a Flex+ fare by the time you get to the airport).
Thanks! I was under the assumption that if there were seats available, emirates would allow an upgrade at the time of checkin? I know there are a few seats available since I can see them on expertflyer.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Umair Danka
Thanks! I was under the assumption that if there were seats available, emirates would allow an upgrade at the time of checkin? I know there are a few seats available since I can see them on expertflyer.
in dxb for J to F you are often made to wait until the gate ie t-1 before they process the upgrade
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:06 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Classic Rewards

Hello quick question regarding classic rewards.

Ive never used my miles for an actual flight and only for upgrades.

If you make a booking using miles, do you get rewarded skywards and tier miles on that flight?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by alias1
Hello quick question regarding classic rewards.

Ive never used my miles for an actual flight and only for upgrades.

If you make a booking using miles, do you get rewarded skywards and tier miles on that flight?
Nope.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Hi,
We are flying in J from MEL to DXB, and then connecting in J on a FZ flight from terminal 3 with an EK code share designation, on an EK ticket.

The rules don't mention code share - https://www.emirates.com/au/english/...nd-conditions/ which is why I am asking here.

Are we entitled to EK business lounge access in DXB? Should we expect any hassle?
thanks
And the answer is YES, no problem getting in to the lounge at Dubai

Last edited by sabbasolo; Mar 9, 2022 at 1:59 am Reason: typo
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: *A Gold
We are connecting in Dubai and have about a 7 hour layover. The flight lands in the evening around 7pm, so would it be worth it to exit the airport for a quick visit to downtown area? How strict are the entry procedures?

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NotAFrequentTraveller
We are connecting in Dubai and have about a 7 hour layover. The flight lands in the evening around 7pm, so would it be worth it to exit the airport for a quick visit to downtown area? How strict are the entry procedures?

Thanks
Definitely worth leaving the airport and going for a meal / look around.

It obviously depends on your passport - some need a visa to enter Dubai, some don't.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
If I book the cheapest Y ticket on the JFK DXB flight with Premium Economy seats (but no official product offering) and pay the $408 seat fee, and I then get a buy up option to J, I assume I'm just out the $408 see fee... or would they refund this? Do they even offer buy up from lowest Y fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.