Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:02 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by friedablass
A 2-4-2 configuration is not going to tempt business passengers to spend less.
Seems to work for BA.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Seems to work for BA.
How is it working for BA?

1. Are BA 2-4-2 PE configuration angle lie flat seats as suggested above by the OP that made the suggestion? Not since I last checked.

2. I cannot see BA Club World or Club Suite travelers opting to spend less for the current PE product on BA because they are compromising on a lot. The current PE product is marketed towards economy/World Traveler customers to spend more and get an upgraded experience.

3. I also cannot see Emirates Business class travelers electing to spend less to sit in a 2-4-2 configuration EVEN if the seats are angle lie flat. That was my main point. Not that a 2-4-2 configuration doesn't work. But that those customers that want a premium hard product with lie flat seats, more space, privacy, better service will still choose the current Emirates J product in the 1-2-1 configuration over spending less on a 2-4-2 configuration where you are guaranteed no privacy and much less space and no lie flat bed.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold

1. Are BA 2-4-2 PE configuration angle lie flat seats as suggested above by the OP that made the suggestion? Not since I last checked.

2. I cannot see BA Club World or Club Suite travelers opting to spend less for the current PE product on BA because they are compromising on a lot. The current PE product is marketed towards economy/World Traveler customers to spend more and get an upgraded experience.

3. I also cannot see Emirates Business class travelers electing to spend less to sit in a 2-4-2 configuration EVEN if the seats are angle lie flat. That was my main point. Not that a 2-4-2 configuration doesn't work. But that those customers that want a premium hard product with lie flat seats, more space, privacy, better service will still choose the current Emirates J product in the 1-2-1 configuration over spending less on a 2-4-2 configuration where you are guaranteed no privacy and much less space and no lie flat bed.
I did say cannibalise the LESSER EK J product. Half the EK J fleet is a 2-3-2 configuration that many people dislike. If you can stump up a pot of cash for that, you can stump up less for an angled lie-flat 2-4-2. Perhaps you missed the press announcement on EK’s retrofit plans…..
Old Feb 21, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by Krz
This is for economy passengers to spend more. Simply, by offering superior product. Emirates told that is going to offer industry leading PE. Currently, those new set are better then standard economy but not industry leading. Also, for most flights I can't see reason to pay for them much more then standard economy. option to have something like bed would be industry leading and will also get pax from other airlines.
It’s not as simple as filling planes, unfortunately. Trickier is filling planes profitably.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
I did say cannibalise the LESSER EK J product. Half the EK J fleet is a 2-3-2 configuration that many people dislike. If you can stump up a pot of cash for that, you can stump up less for an angled lie-flat 2-4-2. Perhaps you missed the press announcement on EK’s retrofit plans…..
Yes, I understood that you were referring to the EK 2-3-2 configuration which is disliked by most and should be replaced. I agree that the suggested PE product would likely cannibalise this J product (but definitely not the 1-2-1 configuration product).

However, I don't understand how that applies to BA having 2-4-2 in PE. To my understanding the poster was indicating that this PE configuration works for BA with regard to getting J travelers to spend less instead of those in Y to spend more. I disagreed with that because AFAIK, BA doesn't have 2-3-2 angle seats in J on any of their planes. So their Club Travelers aren't going to choose PE instead because it's almost as good. It's just not.

EK can introduce the suggested 2-4-2 angled lie flat PE suggested above on their planes that have 1-2-1 lie flat in J (but not on those that have the angled 2-3-2). I can practically guarantee you that the J travelers will not settle for PE on those planes, such as the A380.

And yes, I did miss that press announcement.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:01 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

BA already has 2-4-2 in J
Old Feb 21, 2022, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
BA already has 2-4-2 in J
You are right. I stand corrected. But because of the alternating rear and forward facing seats plus the fact that they're lie flat, IMO it's not the same as the angled 2-3-2 seats offered by EK, it's still somewhat better.

Anyway, that's why I said the suggested 2-4-2 PE should be implemented only on EK planes with 1-2-1 J so they can be pretty much assured that this J class won't be cannibalised.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:27 pm

Before I book, can someone please confirm - F award changes are free?

The date I wanted to book no longer has award space, although the following date does. So I'd book the following date, and hope the wanted date opens up again.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:33 pm

Which FF program is currently the best for booking EK J awards from the US to Asia with a stopover in DXB? I used to use Alaska and had booked all my flights through this winter prior to the partnership between them ending.

I know I can use EK Skywards to book but a US-DXB-ASIA award prices at a brutal 136k+ per way in J. And I can't incorporate a stop over of a few days in DXB. I've tried the multi city function and it shows me the flights and I select them but then I get an error and can't book (without the stop over it does give me the option to complete the booking). But I anyway would like to know which airline can book into EK J with a stopover for less miles than that.

Thank you.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
TLV-DXB on EK?

What happened to the TLV-DXB route on EK? I know Fly Dubai is operating that route (as well as a few Israeli airlines) but it seems that EK pulled the flight off their schedule? Any knowledge about when it might return?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by dtphonehome
What happened to the TLV-DXB route on EK? I know Fly Dubai is operating that route (as well as a few Israeli airlines) but it seems that EK pulled the flight off their schedule? Any knowledge about when it might return?
The Israeli Government is unhappy with the state of aviation security at DXB (the authorities refuse to allow Shin Bet officers to be present in the airport in an official capacity) and so schedules are being adjusted in case that does not get resolved by next week. It may just be a convenient time to shunt the route to FZ as travel starts to recover and EK can deploy aircraft a route with more demand though!
dtphonehome likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
The Israeli Government is unhappy with the state of aviation security at DXB (the authorities refuse to allow Shin Bet officers to be present in the airport in an official capacity) and so schedules are being adjusted in case that does not get resolved by next week. It may just be a convenient time to shunt the route to FZ as travel starts to recover and EK can deploy aircraft a route with more demand though!
makes sense. I saw the inventory available several weeks ago but then disappeared. I’ll check again in a couple of weeks and see if they restored service, as I’d like to redeem miles for that flight and booking on fly Dubai is very expensive.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
Hello- quick question about the Emirates transit hotel for connections >10 hours.

I've booked a ticket for my mother-in-law to the Seychelles and unfortunately the EK WAW-DXB flight was cancelled. Her flights were pushed back a day to ensure a shorter transfer. I'm looking at possible routings so that we are still together on the same flight to Seychelles and they all include a transfer of ~19 hours.

I'd like to know if picking the Emirates flight (EK178 leaving at 21:40) instead of the FlyDubai flight (EK2023 leaving at 22:30) would eliminate the option of the transit hotel given that the Flydubai flight ensures the "shortest-connection."

Any help would be appreciated!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
DXB Business Lounge access in transit

Hi,
We are flying in J from MEL to DXB, and then connecting in J on a FZ flight from terminal 3 with an EK code share designation, on an EK ticket.

The rules don't mention code share - https://www.emirates.com/au/english/...nd-conditions/ which is why I am asking here.

Are we entitled to EK business lounge access in DXB? Should we expect any hassle?
thanks
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:26 pm

Which FF program is currently the best for booking EK J awards from the US to Asia with a stopover in DXB? I used to use Alaska and had booked all my flights through this winter prior to the partnership between them ending.

I know I can use EK Skywards to book but a US-DXB-ASIA award prices at a brutal 136k+ per way in J. And I can't incorporate a stop over of a few days in DXB. I've tried the multi city function and it shows me the flights and I select them but then I get an error and can't book (without the stop over it does give me the option to complete the booking). But I anyway would like to know which airline can book into EK J with a stopover for less miles than that.

Thank you.
Bumping this. Or is there a better place for me to ask this question?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.