Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Does EK require passengers to have a negative RT-PCR test before being allowed to board, even if the destination don't require it?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:49 am

Will we get the COVID-19 travle insurance, We are booked tru Emirates hollidays.
if yes where do i find police, i have to upload it to get a visa
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:19 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by vstgn
Will we get the COVID-19 travle insurance, We are booked tru Emirates hollidays.
if yes where do i find police, i have to upload it to get a visa
The information you need is under #24 in this document: https://c.ekstatic.net/ecl/documents...Ibr2LtakbUE5uw
The document is available from the 'Covid Information Hub' on the Emirates website.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 12:07 pm

I'm flying JFK-DXB in F on EK 202 but have a 10 hour layover in NYC (arriving at 12pm). Will I be able to check-in my bags earlier so I can go visit NYC?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:18 pm

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what they mean by "You can keep the ticket you've already booked and use it later. We've extended its validity for 24 months from the date of your original booking"

I have a flight to ZRH from KUL via DXB next month, obviously it's almost out of question due to Omicron. I booked all in J and upgraded to F via cash sometime ago. When I tried to change the dates today (in Oct) I was asked for pay almost USD$1,000. I thought I could use the ticket for 2 years any change would be accommodated FOC?

I asked the local Emirates office and they keep asking me to cancel the current booking and call them when I'm ready to travel. Is this risk worth taking (cancel original booking) especially with F ticket wasn't the original ticket fare?

has anyone managed to rebook their tickets for free due to Covid?

Many thanks fellow flyers

​​​​​​
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by sivapc
​​​​​​
Yes, although not the same circumstances as yours.

I re-booked a ticket purchased December 2019 for travel March 2020 just recently. Called and was re-booked easily. Upgraded to Business Class with miles then wanted to change again and was concerned as the new ticket issue date didn't have the same protection, but called and it went through no problem. That included the upgrade which I'd already checked was available on my new date.
sivapc likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:21 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what they mean by "You can keep the ticket you've already booked and use it later. We've extended its validity for 24 months from the date of your original booking"

I have a flight to ZRH from KUL via DXB next month, obviously it's almost out of question due to Omicron. I booked all in J and upgraded to F via cash sometime ago. When I tried to change the dates today (in Oct) I was asked for pay almost USD$1,000. I thought I could use the ticket for 2 years any change would be accommodated FOC?

I asked the local Emirates office and they keep asking me to cancel the current booking and call them when I'm ready to travel. Is this risk worth taking (cancel original booking) especially with F ticket wasn't the original ticket fare?

Many thanks fellow flyers

​​​​​​

I think the issue here is the phrase 'almost out of the question'. If any of the flights is cancelled due to Covid, you don't have to do anything. The ticket will be banked and you can have it reissued at any time within that 24 (sometimes 36?) period. I have done that several times.
I don't know what the story is if you THINK that travel is 'almost out of the question'. The process I think is set up to protect people from actual, existing Covid restrictions, resulting in flight cancellations or passengers denied travel because of Covid restrictions.
I would like to hear the view of others on this subject!
sivapc likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:07 am

Thanks for the feedback ft101 & thijsseh

With multiple covid tests and quarantine back in Malaysia, it has become extremely difficult to plan for the trip and frankly it's not worth the hassle, hence my reaction of 'flights are out of question'. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

If i cancel current booking, will dates become null (or something) so it can be rebooked later during the 24 months validity period? I have until Dec 23 so i had planned to postpone it March 23, but in Emirates website there's no option to postpone it that far ahead. And rebooking it on Oct 22 requires me to pay significant amount of money (which i already did foolishly for the upgrade to F class). My worry is if i cancel now, they will only allow me to fly in original booking class.

Many thanks for your advise as always
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Amenity kits in J

Are amenity kits in J provided nowadays on EK408 and EK409 DXB-MEL-DXB?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:20 am

Hi all! FT newbie here looking for some advice after reading many blog posts and FT threads. I'm trying to book 2 F seats from JFK->EBB, return ZNZ->JFK for summer, but 2 seats seems impossible to find. Tried BOS, IAD, IAH, ORD and west coast cities in both directions, tried JRO and DAR instead of ZNZ. I know JFK->EBB is only certain days of the week, so I've tried those days specifically as well.

Am I looking too early? Does Emirates only release 1 F award seat at a time? Would it would better to book business and try for an upgrade on one of the legs?

And a total newb question: I've seen mention of checking an Emirates calendar. Is there such a calendar that makes it easy to find F award seats easily? I've been manually searching.

Thank you!
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Why would they not be?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback ft101 & thijsseh

With multiple covid tests and quarantine back in Malaysia, it has become extremely difficult to plan for the trip and frankly it's not worth the hassle, hence my reaction of 'flights are out of question'. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

If i cancel current booking, will dates become null (or something) so it can be rebooked later during the 24 months validity period? I have until Dec 23 so i had planned to postpone it March 23, but in Emirates website there's no option to postpone it that far ahead. And rebooking it on Oct 22 requires me to pay significant amount of money (which i already did foolishly for the upgrade to F class). My worry is if i cancel now, they will only allow me to fly in original booking class.

Many thanks for your advise as always
It's difficult to understand fully the rules here:
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...icket-options/
but my interpretation is that you are permitted a change or a refund minus "service fees and taxes" if your flight operates and you choose not to go. You can also re-schedule up to 2 years from ticket issue with some flexibility of destination dependant upon the date of issue. I think from what you wrote that your ticket was issued Dec 2021 so the extra flexibility doesn't come into play and you will need the same fare bucket (not just cabin) to avoid extra fees.

I think I would call and ask for the options with future dates to hand if you choose to rebook. If the dates are currently not available the ticket will be put on hold and you can call back and make the change when your dates are released.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
I was pricing out a flight from DXB to JFK and the points required were 115k. Is this new? It used to be 100k
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Originally Posted by friedablass
Why would they not be?
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Because I read reports that not all flights have them - thanks for the helpful and informative response in a flame free thread /s
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:22 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by lewis_m
I was pricing out a flight from DXB to JFK and the points required were 115k. Is this new? It used to be 100k
115K for an economy return DXB/JFK is correct, according to the mileage calculator. I know that some miles upgrades were increased by 15% a few months ago, so I must assume that the same has been the case for some or all award tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.