Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: CX Gold
Are all business class seats in EK's 777 fleet not lie flat?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 1:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by boybi
Are all business class seats in EK's 777 fleet not lie flat?
They are all lie-flat, but most are slightly angled. Some of the newer 777s have "flat bed" seats.
boybi likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I'm curious how rare it is to be able to book 3 award seats in F (in advance)? Managed to put 3 seats on hold from DXB-IAD this fall, and am debating whether to go ahead with it, given we've never flown EK F.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:00 am

Which fare bucket

Is an cash upgrade a different fare bucket than a miles upgrade?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:16 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by larzy1977
Is an cash upgrade a different fare bucket than a miles upgrade?

Most 'cash upgrades' are just being charged the fare difference between the bucket you came from and the bucket you go to, which in that case is a 'normal' bucket (O, I, C or J in Business). There is this 'cash offer' which you may get by email or at OLCI, it's what it says, an offer you can't ask for it. I have not seen one in years (but hey, who has flown a lot in years?). Those used to book in (I think) P bucket, which used to be visible on EF, but disappeared a long time ago.
Miles upgrades go to 'D' (in the J cabin) or 'Z' in the F cabin.

So the short answer is: yes, cash upgrades is a different fare bucket from a miles upgrade.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:42 am

Thanx, we fly with 2 kids... have enough miles but only 2 seats available for upgrade to F... , but upgrade with is also available... its on 2 Pnrs so 2 seats with points and 2 with cash I think

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Most 'cash upgrades' are just being charged the fare difference between the bucket you came from and the bucket you go to, which in that case is a 'normal' bucket (O, I, C or J in Business). There is this 'cash offer' which you may get by email or at OLCI, it's what it says, an offer you can't ask for it. I have not seen one in years (but hey, who has flown a lot in years?). Those used to book in (I think) P bucket, which used to be visible on EF, but disappeared a long time ago.
Miles upgrades go to 'D' (in the J cabin) or 'Z' in the F cabin.

So the short answer is: yes, cash upgrades is a different fare bucket from a miles upgrade.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:31 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
How do you select a seat on FlyDubai on an Emirates connecting ticket? The EK PNR does not work on the FlyDubai website.

Is there a separate PNR?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Business Fare buckets

Which fare buckets correspond to Special business fares which have no lounge, Saver, Flex and flex plus? I have searched threads without finding a good answer.

thanks
Old Jan 20, 2022, 3:28 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Which fare buckets correspond to Special business fares which have no lounge, Saver, Flex and flex plus? I have searched threads without finding a good answer.

thanks
Special (no lounge, no CD and no seat choice) is H, Saver is O, Flex is I, Flex+ is C and J.
sabbasolo likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Originally Posted by m0hamed
How do you select a seat on FlyDubai on an Emirates connecting ticket? The EK PNR does not work on the FlyDubai website.

Is there a separate PNR?
​​​​​​​Go to Flydubai.com
Log in with your skywards, and the booking will come up - including the different PNR.
I don't know how to get the PNR otherwise
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:03 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
They are all lie-flat, but most are slightly angled. Some of the newer 777s have "flat bed" seats.
I thought they are angled seats?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 8:17 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Go to Flydubai.com
Log in with your skywards, and the booking will come up - including the different PNR.
I don't know how to get the PNR otherwise
So the PNR appears in the EK app. Does not work.

Tried your trick and also doesn’t work.

Might call EK. Bizarre given that the first ticket was just flown (with a promotional upgrade).
Old Jan 22, 2022, 3:09 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by boybi
I thought they are angled seats?
They are flat, but at a a slight angle to the floor.These are commonly referred to as "lie flat".

Seats that are level with the floor are commonly referred to as "flat bed".
Old Jan 22, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Business Flex Plus ticket

I ended up buying flight with Emirates through a bud who's a travel agent. Turns out he messed up my itinerary, where instead having the journey being roundtrip JFK-DXB-NRT and back, he did a NRT-DXB-JFK roundtrip, where JFK-DXB-NRT is on business flex plus while NRT-DXB-JFK is on first. It looks like Business Flex Plus has free changes to the ticket, but would it be possible to change the date of the JFK-DXB-NRT itinerary to before the NRT-DXB-JFK? One thing is for sure, I'm never asking him to book my flights again. Would truly appreciate insight!
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:42 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by physicsdude
I ended up buying flight with Emirates through a bud who's a travel agent. Turns out he messed up my itinerary, where instead having the journey being roundtrip JFK-DXB-NRT and back, he did a NRT-DXB-JFK roundtrip, where JFK-DXB-NRT is on business flex plus while NRT-DXB-JFK is on first. It looks like Business Flex Plus has free changes to the ticket, but would it be possible to change the date of the JFK-DXB-NRT itinerary to before the NRT-DXB-JFK? One thing is for sure, I'm never asking him to book my flights again. Would truly appreciate insight!
The only way to resolve this is through the TA who booked it for you. Unfortunately, Emirates won’t touch a ticket that was issued by a TA. Seems a messy situation to me,…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.